Az Archery Muleys

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
dakotarcher
Fawn
Fawn

Az Archery Muleys

Post by dakotarcher » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 pm

New to Az from the artic colds of South Dakota, well maybe not this year. Anyway, thought I would like to give archery hunting here in Az a try. Found out that hunting along the boarder is not a good idea. For a fellow from up north some of these things are hard to understand. We leave keys in vehicles just in case someone needs a ride. Anyway again, could use some help with mule, white tail, and even some javalina hunting. Would love to chat.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Re: Az Archery Muleys

Post by m gardner » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:46 am

Due to the drought and bad mangement practices and budget cutbacks ( the AZ Game and Fish are not maintaining food plots or water this year) deer numbers are down especially buck numbers. One spot that may start to come on strong next year if there is sufficient rain is the area where the fires were in unit 27 (OTC archery Jan1-31). It's not part of the drug corridor either which is nice.

DESERT ARCHER
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Az Archery Muleys

Post by DESERT ARCHER » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Well u have your work cut out here in az we do have deer and some very big desert deer. What units were you looking at hunting in as far the the border goes i have not hunted down there to much but i would not leave my keys in the truck and if your going to camp dont camp in the middle of the desert camp with they other camp sites. I have heard of people getting out of there truck to open a fence and there truck was stolen behind him. What part of az are you in.