wolf meeting in cedar city

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
The Ox
Monster
Monster

wolf meeting in cedar city

Post by The Ox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

I dont know how true it is but i recieved a text saying they are trying to introduce wolves in the dixie NF. the meeting is at cross hollows middle school in cedar city on jan 17(today) 7pm.

I am going to to go and\ at least see if there really is a meeting i am trying to find more info but just thought i would at least inform everyone. I know there has been stuff in the newspaper about them trying to introduce wolves here so i know this meeting i probable.

MuleyFreak
Fawn
Fawn

Re: wolf meeting in cedar city

Post by MuleyFreak » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Please keep us posted Ox

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:05 pm

as far as i know the meeting is legit so come if you can.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Just saw this. I wished I would have known a little sooner.
There's always next year

therookie
Spike
Spike

Post by therookie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Me too would of been there.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 pm

the meeting was real and the house was pretty dang full. sfw and bgf put it on. the meeting was about what sfw has done for mule deer and other wildlife as well as future plans.then they talked about how the usfws and wolfies were trying to secretly introduce wolves here. ryan benson and a guy from sfw stumbled onto the plan and helped slow it down. the plan was supposed to be final in december of 2011 and they would have been releasing wolves as we speak had they not got the brakes put on them.

Many of you may dislike sfw and bgf but when you look at what they have done, they have done a lot.

The fight is real and they(wolfies) are pushing for wolves as we speak if you have not already go to the biggame forver website and sign the wolf petition its free and only takes a second.

if you missed it. you did not miss anything to important as signin petition or fighting arguing with wolfies. just go sign the wolf petition on bgf and you will have done your part. also if you want another thing to do write to the leg, gov, etc the more the better

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Was the main focus on wolves or other stuff also? They talk about how to help recover deer herds also.

Brett

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 am

It was a mix of things from mule deer recovery projects to groups trying to get wolf reintroduction. etc.

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 pm

The Ox wrote:the meeting was real and the house was pretty dang full. sfw and bgf put it on. the meeting was about what sfw has done for mule deer and other wildlife as well as future plans.then they talked about how the usfws and wolfies were trying to secretly introduce wolves here. ryan benson and a guy from sfw stumbled onto the plan and helped slow it down. the plan was supposed to be final in december of 2011 and they would have been releasing wolves as we speak had they not got the brakes put on them.

Many of you may dislike sfw and bgf but when you look at what they have done, they have done a lot.

The fight is real and they(wolfies) are pushing for wolves as we speak if you have not already go to the biggame forver website and sign the wolf petition its free and only takes a second.

if you missed it. you did not miss anything to important as signin petition or fighting arguing with wolfies. just go sign the wolf petition on bgf and you will have done your part. also if you want another thing to do write to the leg, gov, etc the more the better
Thanks for the update OX. I do have a couple of points here. First of all, the so called "secret wolf introduction" is absolute hogwash, there was/is no such thing. Sure, there is an agenda to reintroduce the Mex wolf in various areas, but for a Con Org to come out with such blatant mis-information for the sake of emotionally stiring up hunters to get them to sign up to their org leaves a REAL bad taste in my mouth. The MEX wolf thing is years away at best.

Has SFW accomplished good things for Utah wildlife? Sure. Has BGF accomplished anything that would/will/has slowed down or stopped Gray Wolf introductions? NO, not a dang thing except nearly blocking Idaho and Montana from being able to manage their wolves on a state level. They created a huge trust issue by what they did, and I for one will NEVER back them in any way. There are other reputable Con Orgs that have done well with the wolf issue, I will put my money there.

With SFW's current pie in the face happenings in Arizona and Alaska, along with what they are doing to create an even wider gap between hunters in Utah, I will NEVER back them either.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Re: wolf meeting in cedar cityy

Post by The Ox » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 pm

stillhunter how do you know its hogwash? you think the wolfers play fair? you think the govt agencies are honest, and dont try to hide things from us? alot of our agencies like blm are led by environmentalists. if you dont think so you need to get out of the hole your in.
blm is now turning from a conservation group to a preservation group. the y dont allow habitat restoration such as clearing sage, p&j etc. as soon as a fire starts they put it out.

For you too think govt agencies would not do these things is nuts. the blm was working with suwa and other groups to make a lot of public lands in so utah into wilderness without talking to ranchers and the public. THEY HELD SECRET MEETINGS ETC,. And i know this for fact as we ranch some of the area they were intending on making wilderness. we found out about some of the meetings and my uncle was able to attend one. yada yada yada long story short they were doing it behind our backs. I believe they woul;d introduce wolves behind our backs becasue if they let sportsmen know about it they will be in court for years trying to get it done when they could just introduce and then fight like what happened to the fellers north of us. all the court time allowed the wolves to really get spread out and thin the elk herds etc. mission accomplished. now idaho, montana, wyomings elk herds are years and years away from recovery. dont think for a minute it cant happen. whether its 5 years down the road or ten. we need to stop it before it is even close to happening. they are already working on plans and that is already toooooo far and nerve racking.

I am not a member of sfw and have not given them a dime. they didnt ask for people join or give money at the meeting. however they asked we sign the FREE petition about wolves on BGF website. as well as to write the legislators/governor etc about the wolves not being wanted