Poachers

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: Poachers

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:20 am

ColumbiaBasinMDF wrote:Were you close to a reservation? Indians seem to have very overly liberal hunting seasons and bag limits; at least they do in my neck of the woods.
You said it, Brother!

ColumbiaBasinMDF
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ColumbiaBasinMDF » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 pm

As far as I am concerned I can care less what Indians do on their reservation land, but when they walk off of reservation land and are on public land they should be made to adhere to the same rules and regulations as the rest of us American citizens especially when it comes to hunting. An answer to the Indian argument about hunting is part of their heritage; well I don't think their heritage includes modern firearms, ATV’s, 4x4's, gps, goretex and camo. If they insist on hunting off reservation land because of their heritage, well let them hunt like their ancestor, with handmade bows and arrows with handmade stone arrowheads, all made of natural materials that they harvested themselves, not from the local store. They should also be made to leave the camo and goretex at home and instead wear buck skin loin cloths and moccasins. Then and only then will they actually be hunting and following tradition.

Those of us that are not Indian, also had ancestors that had to hunt in these lands to survive, the difference is my ancestors used the most modern firearms and hunting gear available to them, along with horses and horse drawn carts with wheels. So using the Indian argument I should be able to hunt just like they do now since it is in my heritage. As far as I can remember back to the history classes, Indians did not have horses, firearms, or the wheel for that matter until that is settlers from England and other European nations landed here.

That’s my 10 cents, if I'm completely wrong please let me know.

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Post by Tonoonyi » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 pm

"That’s my 10 cents, if I'm completely wrong please let me know."

You are.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:03 pm

ColumbiaBasinMDF wrote:Were you close to a reservation? Indians seem to have very overly liberal hunting seasons and bag limits; at least they do in my neck of the woods.
By the "B" on the Bountiful bench??? No chance, this is pure white man country.

Rookie, well done for doing your best. I hope something good comes of it, poaching is a terrible mess all along the Wasatch Front.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

ColumbiaBasinMDF
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ColumbiaBasinMDF » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Tonoonyi wrote:"That’s my 10 cents, if I'm completely wrong please let me know."

You are.
Please explain why I am wrong

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm with Tonoonyi on this one...

Your thread above is confusing to me?
As far as I am concerned I can care less what Indians do on their reservation land, but when they walk off of reservation land and are on public land they should be made to adhere to the same rules and regulations as the rest of us American citizens
THEY ARE subject to the same rules/regulations as everyone else are they not? I mean who said there weren't?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Guys,

This thread has gotten completely off track IMO. We went from Poachers to comparing them to Native Americans? Bad idea IMO.

First off the area (like already mentioned) is NO WHERE near a Reservation.

2nd off whether Native Americans have overly liberal hunting seasons or not is besides the point entirely. They are completely in control of their land and can do whatever they choose and it's 100 percent within the law. So like it or not, it's legal.

3rd off this is a sensitive subject and one cannot lump a group of people and portray them in this light that this thread seems to be doing.

Opinions and feelings run VERY deep on this sorta subject, history in this area is sensitive at best. There has already been Native Americans read this thread and taken offense to comments.

There is actual several native Americans that frequent the site, I doubt any of them will be impressed.

SUBOY
2 point
2 point

Post by SUBOY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:18 am

MuleyMadness wrote:Guys,

This thread has gotten completely off track IMO. We went from Poachers to comparing them to Native Americans? Bad idea IMO.

First off the area (like already mentioned) is NO WHERE near a Reservation.

2nd off whether Native Americans have overly liberal hunting seasons or not is besides the point entirely. They are completely in control of their land and can do whatever they choose and it's 100 percent within the law. So like it or not, it's legal.

3rd off this is a sensitive subject and one cannot lump a group of people and portray them in this light that this thread seems to be doing.

Opinions and feelings run VERY deep on this sorta subject, history in this area is sensitive at best. There has already been Native Americans read this thread and taken offense to comments.

There is actual several native Americans that frequent the site, I doubt any of them will be impressed.

Well said!!! I was going to say something but u put it well. =D> =D> =D>

ncook05
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ncook05 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:22 am

You really hate to see people get away with stuff like that! Poachers are going to ruin hunting for the rest of us who put in the time and hard work to harvest animals legally and enjoy hunting for what it is.

ColumbiaBasinMDF
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ColumbiaBasinMDF » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 pm

reservation land is reservation land and they have their own laws and regualtions when it comes to that land, my concern is what happens on public land.