Howdy and help....

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
jmoyer2
Fawn
Fawn

Howdy and help....

Post by jmoyer2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

First time posting, but long time viewer. This is a great site. I am getting a unit 75/751 2nd rifle tag this year in CO. I'm just wondering if anyone has some experience they would like to share with me on this unit/hunt. I know they should be moving this time of year and I might run into some private land issues. I think I have located some mid-elevation public land that looks promising though. I have killed a few elk, whitetails, and blacktails, but never a muley. Hope to change that this year. If I can offer anyone on here any help in NM, UT, CA, or WA for deer/elk I would be more than happy to. I currently live in NM, and know this state very well. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks, Jake

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: Howdy and help....

Post by dahlmer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

I've never hunted that area, but if you can find the migration routes you should be able to close the deal on a buck.

Shags1
Spike
Spike

Post by Shags1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:51 pm

I've never hunted CO, but have vacationed in Durango and Silverton, I don't think you'll have any trouble locating a big buck. That area is beautiful, and ideal Muley country. The map link below, shows a lot of public ground. I went wheeling around Silverton, elevation is incredibly high, above the timberline in a lot of the area. I remember a friend sharing hunting stories of that area. He used to hunt an area by a resort in between Durango and Silverton. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it and where it is exactly. Lots of wilderness area too, hiking or horseback riding in. When does the 2nd Season rifle hunt begin and end?

http://www.huntersdomain.com/45490/Colo ... -Maps.html

Oh yeah, Welcome aboard! ::wel

codyca
Fawn
Fawn

Post by codyca » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Check out the divide between the los pinos and piedra rivers. We we there last year same season. I would stay away from spring creek hd mt. area unless you are after elk. Elk sign and elk everywhere!