1st Scouting Trip of the year...

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

1st Scouting Trip of the year...

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 am

This is what I found, on June 13th, 2012...I was excited to say the least. When I first saw the buck from I distance I thought it was two bucks together with one standing behind him...little did I know until closer inspection. :)

Well now for the bummer news, me and a buddy spent MANY attempts in the area looking for this buck and NEVER saw him again.

This ever happen to you guys? I thought for sure I could find him again and see what he ended up like, but to no avail.

At least I got one cool pic of him.
IMG_6005.jpg

a_bow_nut

Re: 1st Scouting Trip of the year...

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Holy brow tines batman.

Cool looking buck.

I have had one or two slip away from me.

They are some crafty critters. Hope he turns back up for you.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Great pics, Brett. I hope he turns up for you again... I'd love to see how those brow tines ended up.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

that is a super cool buck!

jdh
Spike
Spike

Post by jdh » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Has happened to me on several occasions, I think we just happen to catch them in a transition area before they get to were they spend their summers, in some deep dark place that I have never been able to find. I remember this happening with one buck in particular two years in a row. I'll try to find the pics of him. Looked like he was going to be crazy big.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:31 pm

We,ve lost track of several bucks like that. we were even looking forward to seeing a few bucks from last year that just haven't shown up this year. But I did get word about a really wide buck that has been seen just a canyon or two over from where we saw a 30" buck last year. So it might be the same buck. I've lost track of the buck I'm hoping to get this year but I'll give it my all in just over a week. [-o<
There's always next year

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:40 am

What a buck. Love the burrs and eye gaurds on that thing. Looks like he has an older face. It really is amazing how they can disappear. One of the areas I have hunted I noticed the deer will do a big loop(several miles) and show up in the same place every 3-4 days. If you weren't there on the right day you would have thought they left the area. Who knows, hope you are able to figure it out and show us some follow up pictures.