In Pursuit of "Cover"

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

In Pursuit of "Cover"

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm

The 2012 season began with much anticipation, not because I had draw a good tag...but my buddy had. I decided to dedicated most of my summer (turns out all of it) in pursuit of find him a big buck. He had drawn a tag in the place I love (God's Country) isn't it all his though. :)

The famed hunt would take place with a bow on the beautiful Paunsaugunt Plateau. With a history rich in BIG BUCKs, it's a place I knew well and loved to spend time. Would 2012 bring the much needed Spring rains for antler growth, or the dryness of it seems the Sahara Desert? Turns out the Spring of 2012 turned out to be hot, and DRY...VERY DRY. Not a good mix for antler growth and big bucks. Still my (our) hopes were high of finding a 'shooter' buck to admire.

I had made a 'hit list of big bucks' from 2011 that I hoped would return in 2012 and the chance at finding one of them. That black box in the corner was reserved for something "new" I was hoping to find in 2012.

Here was my bucks I had seen the previous year, not knowing if any or all of them would survive and return this year. Turns out that black box, would end up with a picture in it fairly soon...and better than any of the other bucks. BTW I did find 2 out of the 5 bucks in the photos in 2012 as well.

To be continued...
hit_list.jpg

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Re: In Pursuit of "Cover"

Post by firefighterbraun » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:30 pm

To be continued when??! lol Those are all some sweet bucks! looking forward to seeing what filled the black box!

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:12 am

dang I was on the edge of my seat!!!!!
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 am

Nice but I agree it seems you forgot the rest of the post.? (???)

archerycrazy
Spike
Spike

Post by archerycrazy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Talk about torture...

I look forward to the rest of the story.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Awesome collage man

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Looks awesome so far! I'm excited to hear the rest of the story.

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Ready when you are.......I am liking this so far.

bmaxxx
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bmaxxx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 pm

looks good so far...

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Now for the first scouting trip of the summer, man I couldn't wait to "get out" there and find some bucks it had been a busy and very stressful spring and it was killing me waiting for my chance to leave town and see the Pink Cliffs, cool mooring air and most of all...hopefully GIANT bucks. June 13th (a Wednesday) would be my 1st outing this year and boy did things start off great. I arrived at my destination in about 2 hours time to one of my favorite "Honey Holes" if you will and within the 1st 10 minutes of arriving look what I found.

I was thrilled, check about the double guards and bases on this buck. Tough to find bucks with double eyeguards on both sides here he was in plain sight within 10 minutes of scouting. Man this summer is looking good and easy so far, or is it???

So I found a new buck, is he big enough or the one to "cover" the black box? TIme will tell...

see ya back here soon hopefully...