Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best buck I've seen 12'

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 am

This change anyone's opinion. :)
By the way, these are repos and have been mounted for 4-5 years. Thoughts now?
image.jpg

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm

I heard the same thing Brett, that the buck is real or was but that it wasn't killed this year.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Apparently the buck (sheds) are REAL. Were found about 6 years ago, this picture above is from a friend of mine. They are repo's made from the sheds from the buck. I'm hearing the score is somewhere right around 236"

The guy who apparently owns the actual sheds lives in Utah. I seen the buck (repos) in person, pretty amazing for sure.

Not sure where the original picture surfaced from still, anyway pretty interesting none-the-less. That's the latest info I've got until someone else proves better/different.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

Another closer pic here, this looks REAL to me? So not sure if the pic above is from sheds or real buck now? I'm even more confused. Ha Ha

But what I do know, it's NOT a 2012 kill. And my friend does have repos made of the buck, so it's at least 5 or more years old.
buck.jpg
buck.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 6770 times

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:58 pm

And the DWR probley looked at that pic and said "Dang that buck was killed on a general hunt?! There must be bucks like that all over the state. Better up the tag numbers next year by 10,000"
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

brian
Fawn
Fawn

Post by brian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:36 pm

That closer pic looks 'shopped to me.

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:28 pm

The photo of it in the back of the UTV looks photoshopped. I am a photographer and I may be wrong but the lighting is not consistent in the photo. If you look at the shadows on the mans face the further left you get the more the shadow darkens so the sun looks like it would be coming from his 3 or 4 o'clock position.. The antlers however do not have the shadow. The really have no shadow.. This also could have been done using a flash, but most likely to get it where no shadow appears you would have to have an off-camera flash, which I highly doubt someone would set up to take a photo in this situation.Also the antlers in the photo have the appearance of being more "sharp" than the rest of the photo. You could account that to a very nice lens and the photographer of the photo meaning to do that, but the outide edge of the g3 and g4 in front of the man look way to crisp to be an actual photo. The cheaters also appear to not be as crisp and the depth of field difference the camera interprets IMO would not blur it as much.. If it is photoshopped they did a pretty good job. If it is not my apologies an d congrats to the hunter..

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:39 am

I knew the buck looked familiar when I first seen the pic and now I know why. I know what buck it is, the buck was picked up around 1990 I belive it was a dead head. His frame Is 225 3/8 gross with just over 29" beam on the left and 28" on the right. G2's are over 20" with 9" of extras. When it was picked up it only had an eyeguard on the left side. If an eyeguard of matching size was on the right he would net 213 6/8 making it the utah state record but the orignal set nets 207.
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB