Utah limited entry

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
highcountryarchery
Spike
Spike

Utah limited entry

Post by highcountryarchery » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm

What limited entry unit do you guys feel is top of the draw. Everyone would like to hunt the henries and the paunsagaunt but it takes forever to draw, so what unit would you put in for in the limited entry units

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: Utah limited entry

Post by ridgetop » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:50 am

The one I lived closest too.
There's always next year

Goofy Elk
Spike
Spike

Post by Goofy Elk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:34 am

The bookcliffs if you what to see a TRUCKLOAD of deer....

The Archery hunt is best IMO..

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:48 pm

I've heard Vernon is good and the Books of course.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:26 pm

A friend had a Book Cliffs tag in 2010. Didn't see many deer at first, but moved around and found them eventually. It's a fun unit with tons of access (and by access I mean roads, he never got off the ATV).
Honestly, I've heard good things about every one of the LE units in Utah & I don't think any of them are terribly bad. Heck, many of the general units aren't bad either... great bucks are taken in general units every year. Utah is a great state for hunting and nice bucks can be found just about anywhere if you do your due diligence.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

BigWave
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BigWave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 am

Looking for ideas here too. I have 14 NR points I'm hoping to spend in the next few years. I think I'm right there for a Pauns archery tag......maybe.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm

You should have a pretty good chance.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

BigWave wrote:Looking for ideas here too. I have 14 NR points I'm hoping to spend in the next few years. I think I'm right there for a Pauns archery tag......maybe.
Tough draw...
typically only 2 tags offered each year. One tag is guaranteed to the applicant with the most points & the other tag goes lottery style to one of the other 200+ applicants. Last year the guaranteed tag went to the applicant with 16 points & there were 14 applicants that will have 12 or more points this year (assuming everything stays the same... which it won't). Realistically, you could still be 10+ years away.
For other NR archery units... the Book Cliffs guaranteed tags last year @ 11 points, Diamond Mountain @ 7 points, and Vernon @ 7 points.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore