I need your opinion..

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
killerbee

Re: I need your opinion..

Post by killerbee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 pm

I gotta go with"B" also, but would be on cloud 9 with"A" any day as well. Both dandy bucks

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:30 pm

I gotta go with"B" also, but would be on cloud 9 with"A" any day as well. Both dandy bucks

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 am

I love trash. :thumb

The mass on "B" trumps the trash in this case.

ColoradoV
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ColoradoV » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:01 am

Well it is B by a landslide. I think it would have helped to get them side by side as that non-typ pic did not help.

I was 11 years old and hunting with my grandfather and father when we saw A. Funny but my pops almost always let my grandfather shoot first. I remember him saying go get your grandfather this is a real good buck as my grandpa was all of 50 yds away when I herd the a shell load. I looked back to see the non-typ stop broadside and get dropped in one shot! Looked at my dad and he said "couldnt let that one walk".. He said its down I will go get your grandpa you can walk over to it and we will catch up. It just got bigger and bigger and bigger as I got close.

My grandma did not shoot the other but one my uncles that missed him one day just to find him again ruttin on the last day and got it done. These are the only 2 bucks that my untrained internets helped hand has ever attempted to score as I dont believe score is a good measurement of what a big buck is - a big buck is just that and a number is just that as well. I like to see scores and appreciate it but just never have scored that many deer. Anyway I wonder how close I was on each as they both are well north of the 200" mark. With rounded down numbers I came up with the non typical is 219" and the typical at 214". These #'s seem reasonable to me but what do the rest of you think? Am I close?

Well this will make for a interesting dinner conversation at the next get together :) thanks for the replies.

kbdutson
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kbdutson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 am

I am a fan of mass and uniformity. So B is my choice. But that's just me. Both nice deer though and I would love to have either over my mantle.