Lady Luck has struck again! EXPO TAG!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
5pointbull
Fawn
Fawn

Lady Luck has struck again! EXPO TAG!

Post by 5pointbull » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

So before 2012, I was none the less a frustrated unsuccessful Utah Big Game applicant, for the period of 16 years to be exact. But luck started changing for me when I hit max points for the 2012 early rifle plateau boulder elk tag. As I thought I would, I drew the tag in 2012 and harvested a monster 370 class 7 point bull. And then luck hit me again in 2013 with a boulder spring bear tag with only 5 points! And already in 2014 luck rolls my way with a Book Cliffs Muzzleloader deer expo tag. [-o< Believe it or not this was the year I was'nt going to waist money on the expo having dumped hundreds of dollars into the last 3 or 4 with no luck. But the year I don't know a single person personally that draws the tag is the year I said I'd stop. Luckily I know at least one lucky winner every year. Don't know much about the Book's, but the research I've done says I'll see a ton of tempting 18-24" bucks, and if I have the will power to hold out I can find 170" buck. So I need help. This forum as well as others are the reason I was able to find such a big bull on the Boulder. I won't look gift horses in the mouth, and I'll take all the advice anyone wants to give. Thanks!

Also, don't know what to do with my state application. I've been putting in for limited entry deer and have 3 points, however I've been thinking of rolling the dice on Antelope Island deer, and if by the grace of god I drew, trade tags, or going for a no point Pronghorn on the Plateau, which has relatively good no point draw success? Would love some advice on that too :thumb

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: Lady Luck has struck again! EXPO TAG!

Post by JBird » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 am

That is sweet. I tell myself the same thing every year, but someone has to draw a tag. You just as well put in for the Island you already have a tag in hand so why not? I don't know much about the Books so I'm no help there. I do know there are a few goat on the Plateau and if you've never been on an antelope hunt it's a blast.