Draw Results

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: Draw Results

Post by derekp1999 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:04 am

mapleton archer wrote:Is it just me? Didn't we used to get results earlier than this??? or am i just getting impatient with old age? #-o
I haven't been in the game long enough to remember anything other than the current format... so it's been like this for the last 5 years or so.
I wish the drawing was done sooner... or the application period was later. But beggars can't me choosers in my case.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:51 am

The results used to come out about this time of year, but that was changed when they moved the application period back a month. So the results are now a month later, and the DWR likes to keep the money in the bank gaining interest as long as possible, which is why we have to wait a couple of months.

I personally don't mind waiting and it's nice to find out in May. Arizona releases its deer results in mid-late July so if plan on hunting an early archery hunt you already need to be scouting before you even have a tag in your pocket.

Muley Stalker
Spike
Spike

Post by Muley Stalker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 pm

One advantage to getting results later in the year is it's closer to the season to use that tag. :)
Keep your nose in the wind.

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:16 pm

az already came out a week ago
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Genesis 27:3 King James Version

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 am

JBird wrote:The results used to come out about this time of year, but that was changed when they moved the application period back a month. So the results are now a month later, and the DWR likes to keep the money in the bank gaining interest as long as possible, which is why we have to wait a couple of months.

I personally don't mind waiting and it's nice to find out in May. Arizona releases its deer results in mid-late July so if plan on hunting an early archery hunt you already need to be scouting before you even have a tag in your pocket.
All you pay for when putting in for the draw is the application fee. So what money are they getting all this extra interest on?
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Hmm good question :-k bow_nut. I never really thought about that. Way back when someone told me that and I guess I just figured they were right.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Thu May 01, 2014 3:07 am

I could understand that back when we had to pay up front and then wait for the refund if you didn't draw but now you only get charged for a tag if you draw is much better IMO.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 am

Many (not all) states are required to place all pending draw money in a non-interest bearing account.......which essentially means it is impossible for agencies to "make" money from the pending draw process.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer