HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
mchavez525
Fawn
Fawn

HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS.

Post by mchavez525 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi guys, I have been out doing lots of homework in my unit 38 here in NM. I have to say a lot better then my unit last year. :not-worthy I have seen tons of animals elk, sheep, turkeys, bears, coyotes, and tons of deer 3 bucks and tons of does. I have a couple of questions for u guys. I found a forkie in a ridge and i was wondering with 4 weeks to go will he still be there? I do realize that as the season comes closer there will be more pressure due to scouting but will this really change his area? It looks like there is a spot on the ridge were they really like to feed on because i saw 2 bucks and one day 6 does feeding in the exact area as well as some sheep feeding there to. It will be my first deer if i can hit him. This hunt will open september first here in NM. I found him in a burnt ridge and the edges of this ridge are all thick dense areas surrounding the ridge. I seen that the forkie went into the bottom of the ridge and he seemed to bed in the bottom of the ridge. I have an idea of his pattern but will it be the same as september comes closer??? Another question I had was that I saw a pretty good size buck about 30 min before sunrise sitting under a pinion tree and he took off as soon as we shined the headlights on him. My question for this buck is that being that he was in this area at 30 min before sunrise would his bedding area and feeding area be close by??? He was surrounded by some decent size mountains on both sides. I feel like the surrounding area holds a good bedding area (north and west face slopes and overhanging trees and rock bluffs). Any help or tips in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the views guys and good luck out there!! :))

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HELP WITH SOME QUESTIONS.

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 am

Assume your talking archery? Yes from my experience (Mule Deer) in Southern Utah don't travel to far from bedding areas to grazing eating areas each night/day. They will travel, say a mile or so but generally are creatures of habit and like the same areas. He should still be close by. The bigger bedded buck shouldn't be to far away from his feeding area either. Best of luck.

mchavez525
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mchavez525 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Awesome thanks for a reply! Yes It is archery in september. I feel like I know were that little forkie is bedding. The big buck was spotted early morning as in the dark hours. Out here it was like 30-40 min before sunrise. It was right by the road I just feel like he was resting for a bit. As I drove down the road he popped up because i spotted him an he ran off the kinda panned around us as i came back during the daytime hours to see what he did. To the east were he was there is a good size mountain and to the west there is also a hilly area full of juniper tree and some sage brush. and the road runs north to south so he kinda was in a little "bowl". Would it be good to glass that north face slope of that mountain to the west of him?? I want to head out again a couple more times before the season starts so im trying to pin point a couple more bucks and maybe find him cause he looked pretty good. Thanks again for the reply!

namal12
Fawn
Fawn

Post by namal12 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 am

Not sure what your weapon preference is but alot of the western states offer over the counter or leftover archery tags. With a little work and some luck you'll have a chance at a good buck.
We are the pioneers in providing C4040-224 You can get our 100% Android certification practice test Adams State University Also get free demos of University of California, Berkeley paced test engine to help you pass Northwood University