Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Madhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Unit 55 idaho

Post by Madhunter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am

Hey all,
New to this forum, really enjoy reading everybody's posts and insights. Hopefully I would be able to share some insight as well. I'm planning on doing a late season(December) archery mule deer hunt in Idaho unit 55 next year, possibly have a cow elk tag as well. Anybody have any info on that unit? Not expecting a monster, just want to see deer and put some stalks on Muleys! Read some info from Idaho fish and game website, buts that's about all I got! I plan on hunting for at least a week. I got a lot of time in December, so I'll stay longer if needed.

GotMyTag
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Unit 55 idaho

Post by GotMyTag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:00 pm

There is plenty of nice bucks. But they are real hard to get. You will see deer.
Oh yeah the wind seems to always blow there.
Never miss the hunt of a lifetime.

BowHuntr97
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BowHuntr97 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:32 pm

I have hunted it a few times. Seems to get more crowded every year. Access can be difficult with snow. Spend a lot of time behind the glass. You will find deer.

Madhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Madhunter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:53 pm

Thanks guys for the input. Every little bit of info helps. I have no problem putting time in glassing and time to hopefully put some stalks on some mulies! Are there a decent number of elk mixed in the area? It looks as if the cow hunt is going on as well at that time. My dad wants to come with and would rather harvest a cow for the meat.