Utah - Zion Unit Mule Deer

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Utah - Zion Unit Mule Deer

Post by loco4muleys » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:58 pm

I'll be heading out in a week to Utah to hunt the Zion unit for general season mule deer. I've received a ton of valuable info from Ryan Hatch, wildlife biologists, and a few hunters who have hunted the area. Does anyone here have any experience with this particular unit? I know there's about a million hunters and a lot of deer - anything else I should know?
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Utah - Zion Unit Mule Deer

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Sounds like you have some great info and resources. What else do you want to know is the real question?
It's an awesome place and great hunt, doesn't mean you'll kill a big boy but sure have fun trying. :)
Weather up on top will help your hunt as LOTS of Panguitch deer migrate off to the Zion Unit before and during your hunt. Keep us posted on your success, those sands sure are fun and tough at the same time. Different hunting, but very cool.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: Utah - Zion Unit Mule Deer

Post by JBird » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:46 pm

It's been why hot and dry. Expect the deer to be scattered from high to low with most somewhere in between. Find a place in the middle and hang tight. I've got a Zion tag as well but my dad has a Pauns tag so I'll be spending most of my time on the other side of 89.