New member- Asking about hunting unconventional areas

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BeardownAZ
Fawn
Fawn

New member- Asking about hunting unconventional areas

Post by BeardownAZ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forum, been to the website though many times. Really like the helpfulness of everyone in these groups. I posted this on another site, was just seeing what everyone else thinks. I hunt mostly muley in southeast Arizona but occasional coues whitetail.
Have any of you ever hunted in what could be called an unconventional or obvious area? What I mean is, every time i go into the hills, hunting, scouting, just passing time, etc, or just down the highways, I am always looking at areas thinking what the hunting there might be like. But some areas I always wonder about are the close by, probably overlooked zones. Like going through a gate on a dirt road. How many people actually hunt the immediate area instead of going way back in like 99 percent probably do. Or the canyons next to a paved road or highway that everyone zooms past or closer to town then most would think. I've heard of people saying often of seeing deer but big deer/elk too in these areas. Yet never heard of anyone hunting them. It's always everyone trying to get far away from these places, myself included. So anyone try it? I know there are animals in these areas but I believe there are probably quite a few big ones as well. It's always made me wonder. Might try it soon.