Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Ackool1234
Fawn
Fawn

Frank Church mule deer?

Post by Ackool1234 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:18 pm

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum but have read a lot of info in the past. Me and the wife have finally got to a point where we are able to start working out hunting out west. We have planned a hunt this year to Idaho in unit 27 in frank church wilderness area. Not looking for anyone's secret spots just lookin for general info as to what we can expect and what we need to be looking for. This is our first trip into big country. We are both well educated in the outdoors and can handle packing in and out but with it being our first muledeer hunt we are kind of blind to what we need to look for in the county. Trip is planed for late October. Thanks in advance for any help or info.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Re: Frank Church mule deer?

Post by JBird » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:37 am

Never it done it myself, but I would sure like to. I worked with a guy this summer that had a trip planned up there, sounded to me like they had an outfitter that was going to fly them into the back country and then they would hunt solo for the duration of the hunt. They ended up taking a couple of nice bucks.

Ackool1234
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Frank Church mule deer?

Post by Ackool1234 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:37 pm

I've talked to a few people that have flown in and got good deer. Also have talked to a few people that have went to unit 43 and got good deer without having to fly in. So many choices it's hard to pick.