MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
mattchu
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by mattchu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes, heading up to U of I the 1st of January. Just missed hunting season ](*,)
Good luck hunting.

Patch
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Patch » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:13 pm

When all is said and done, you will realize that school just ain't worth it. You have to miss too much huntin. LOL
Actually, I hope school goes well for you, and that you have lots of fun and some time chasing white tails.
Patch
4-H Archery leader, 4-H Outdoor Adventure leader 4-H Sport Fishing leader
ODS,OIFx2,OEF Recently retired 124 MDG Id ANG, 9 yrs Army, 15 ANG.
Grab a Bow and Take A kid Hunting!

PTwake04
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PTwake04 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Hey eveyone i'm new to the site. I'm moved up to eastern montana about a year ago from Oklahoma. All i have ever hunted in my has been whitetail,turkeys, coyotes and a few hogs every now and then.

Moving to montana has been a dream come true to me. There is never a weekend that i spend at home, even after hunting season. In the summer i go out scouting, and enjoying hiking, photography, and shooting prarie dogs. In the dead winter all i do is Coyote hunt. I love Coyote hunting, and especially in the snow. I don't let the frigid temps of NE montana get me down! Once fall comes around it's all about bow season!!

This year was a year of firsts for me. I shot my first Bull Elk, antelope, and mule deer, and believe me i'm not done yet. I still have a north Dakota whitetail only bow tag that i need to fill. Each of my hunts this year were very intersting and make for great stories.

I plan on sharing my mule deer story here on the site in the next few weeks!!

I have been putting in alot of scouting/driving and hunting time in Eastern MT, so if anyone needs advice or wants to join me next season just give me a shout! I look forward to sharing my advice and hunting stories with everyone here!!

gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Post by gizmo1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 pm

I am a native Texan though I did live in Alabama, Colorado, and Oklahoma for a while. I am now back in Texas thank goodness but live in the panhandle now. We have a lot of mule deer and whitetail along with tons of turkey, feral hogs, and exotics. This will be my 11th year hunting muleys which have proven to be my unicorn. I have never hunted them with a rifle as I had it in my head that I wanted a bow buck for my first. So far it has not been a very successful plan in terms of a harvest but I have had a ton of fun trying. I have to admit I am slipping though and intend on taking a rifle along with my bow this year. I have a three day hunt booked and the first two will be devoted to bow hunting. I hunt everything and anything from deer and other big game to waterfowl, upland, and exotics. For the record though despite the drought our deer herd is doing very well at least here in the panhandle. Antler growth is down a little but I have seen some huge bucks this year already. The rut hasn't really started yet here but generally gets going around the 18th of November for whitetail with the mule deer starting after our three week muley season ends. We have a ton of public hunting land too as well as numerous great outfitters. It can be very challenging to hunt mule deer here as the country is either wide open without a stitch of cover for a hundred miles or full of canyons so thick with cedar and mesquite you cant see your hand in front of your face. We have some great deer in both whitetail and mule deer and all tags are over the counter. Good luck to everyone and God Bless.
Romans 13: 1-4

msondermann
Fawn
Fawn

Post by msondermann » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:38 am

My name is Mike Sondermann and I am new to this site. I am a guide/outfitter in central Nevada. I am 43 years old and love to help people earn success on thier hunt. I will provide info to anyone free of charge. If you draw that Nevada tag and do not wish to obtain the services of a guide, no problem, I will still help you out with details and useful scouting reports to get you started. We specialize in Mule deer, elk, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, upland game birds and predator hunts, including mountain lion. If you can hunt it in Nevada, I can usually point you in the right direction. I am a mule deer freak and watched my daughter harvest a 218 inch muley just this past season in unit 151. I look forward to being a part of muley madness and thanks for the hospitality.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 am

::wel to the Madness folks........I look forward to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Bow-man33
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bow-man33 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm

In the process of moving to southern utah from northern Georgia. LOVE to, bowhunt and cant wait to stick my first muley! Not exactly sure how to get started with the tag drawings and such tho so any help would be very appreciated! thanks!

desertmuleyman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by desertmuleyman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:05 pm

My name is Sam DeGroot from Portales, NM and I get my thrills from chasing muleys with a bow. Wouldn't have it any other way. Just discovered this site and you guys seem to be right up my alley.

nuttinbutchunks
2 point
2 point

Post by nuttinbutchunks » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm Phil Oldham, bow hunter of four years from Lehi, UT. Moved here from Whittier in So California.
You can stand me up at the gates of Elko and I won't back down!

treedagain
2 point
2 point

Post by treedagain » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:15 pm

i from northern utah, love to HUNT.....i have been fortunate to have harvested some good bucks and bulls, and this year scored with a NICE ut desert ram