MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BOHNTR

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 am

Welcome aboard gents........look forward to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

bullsnot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullsnot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Hey guys I met Brett at the Sheds N Heads event in St. George and thought I'd accept his invitation to join the boards.

I am the Vice Prez at the UWC (United Wildlife Cooperative) and recently appointed to the Central RAC in Utah. My RAC term officially starts on July 1st.

I live in the Cedar Fort area, I've got 4 kids, the oldest being 13. The oldest, a daughter, is doing her first archery muley hunt this year and I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. At any rate nice to meet you all!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 am

bullsnot,

Welcome, congrats on the RAC appointment, I did not know this. SWEET!

Nice to meet you also. I registered for UWC also.

Brett

asmith
Fawn
Fawn

Post by asmith » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 am

Whats up all. New to this forum and new to Northern nevada. Been here in the desert now for 2 years and didnt get drawn last year to hunt. This year I got drawn so I will be chasing some muleys. Before here I lived in northern california and chased blacktail (midget deer). Im 30, married, 3 kids and have been hunting since I was a little kid. Im a rifle hunter, for now, would love to get into archery. Look forward to this forum. :thumb
Hold my beer, watch this!!!

Clackamas
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Clackamas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 pm

New member - Hi, Brian from Portland, OR. I have been a Blacktail hunter my entire life (hunted Mule deer a few times), but I achieved my goal of a B&C book BT two years ago. I am 42 and started to hunt deer at 12, so that tells you that 1. either I am a terrible BT hunter or 2. BT are hard to hunt, or 3, a combo.

Anyway, the grey ghosts have always intrigued me, I understand that they are just as hard as BT to hunt, but it takes a totally different skill set. that is what I hope to gain. I hope to share my knowledge when I can. I saw an honest to goodness 200" 5X5 two years ago speed goat hunting in Oregon, he was with 6 other bucks, that all were in the 160+ class. I drew that tag this year, so I have a mission. Please forgive me if I suck in more than I give out, I am not a Mule deer hunting expert with 40 hunts under my belt. I do appreciate what everyone else does offer, thank you in advance.

CaliforniaKid
Fawn
Fawn

Post by CaliforniaKid » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey all... Im from wild and wooly San Francisco CA. Grew up on a cattle ranch in Central CA. I now am chasing the almighty dollar here in the city. lol

I grew up hunting and took a break while getting through collage. I am making my come back this year and will be deer hunting this year in the Cody WY area.

I love God and my country and think the wold would have less problems if everybody owned a 7MM.

Cheers,

PredatorSlayer1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PredatorSlayer1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm

I was told about this forum by a member of the PredatorMasters forum. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to this site. My favorite thing to hunt is coyotes and a close second is deer. As you can see in my avatar pic I ended up calling in a coyote last year during the deer hunt wearing my orange vest and all. I just could not resist. I will be mule deer hunting in the Northern region of Utah this year. I already have the itch and cant wait for opening morning.

johncp
Fawn
Fawn

Post by johncp » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Just signed up - I live in Polk County Oregon... I'll be looking for some hunting advice and can tell you where the blacktails are not at. I know some good places to pick up Geese (kayak the Willamette - drop off in Salem and once you're past the city limits feel free to shoot... have seen some good deer on the river too - if you're into hunting deer from a kayak or canoe).

Mostly I'm looking for and to share information on first time hunts and youth hunts, not looking for trophies, just a full freezer.

John P.

badger
Fawn
Fawn

Post by badger » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:16 pm

New to forum guys. I live in ut and i love to elk,deer,shed,turkey burn any kind of hunting is good with me! cant wait to be a part of the site.

modoc squeek shooter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by modoc squeek shooter » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:02 pm

I live in Modoc county, am a cowboy and saddlemaker. I have been hunting since I was a little kid, first with a bb gun lol. I am 65, soon to be 66, so I have been around a while. I love shooting belding squirrels, hence the name modoc squeek shooter lol. In fact I love to hunt anything that is legal to hunt with a rifle. Have a few in my collection, need more lol. I enjoy reading about other's hunting experiences. I will try to contribute, thanks for having this site,Ed