MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
ruttingbuck
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by ruttingbuck » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I am a rancher in western Nebraska. 3 kids, beautiful wife, a couple of drahthaars, and a passion for hunting. I love to bowhunt, but will hunt with whatever weapon is in season. Mule deer are my passion, I have spent thousands of hours behind bino's or spotting scope watching deer. Don't know how I've missed this site, but I'm glad I've found it. :not-worthy
"we only work around here to break the monotony of hunting and fishing"

ksdeadeye
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ksdeadeye » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Just joined today. I live in Kansas and pretty much hunt anything in this state that walks or flies. I hunt both with guns and bows, and have more hobbies than I have time to do it all. My wife just told me that she is pregnant with our first the same week that I found out that I was drawn for AZ elk, Wy deer and antelope. When it rains it pours! I can help with info on Kansas deer if you are looking for some ideas, so let me know if I can help. Bob

cubbyut
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cubbyut » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm

I am a Nevada boy who has lived in Utah for the past 8+ years. I love fishing mostly bass and love hunting also. i just moved from Eagle Mountain to St. George last year and love it. I have 6 kids and not much time but if anyone wants to fish Sand Hollow give me a shout. I have hunted birds since I was old enough to but haven't figured out the Southern Utah quail yet. Drew my first LE tag in Utah for Paunsaugunt Elk and plan on putting in as much time as I can.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:57 pm

::wel to the Madness, this is a great site I hop[e you all stick around and get to know some of the people that make this site great.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

970bowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 970bowhunter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Im a born and raised Western Colorado boy. Started hunting as soon as i could. over the last few years hunting has become my obsession. Mule deer and Elk dominate my thoughts and sleep. Ive bagged some good DIY bucks(187 inches and 181 are largest) with my rifle. I recently took up archery elk hunting, adding to my obsession. This year will be my first year chasing muleys with the stick and string and couldnt be more excited. Im stoked to find a forum dedicated to my life and obsession. Thanks to everyone for making it such a cool place. Glad to be part of it. Hunt hard and shoot strtaight!

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey guys.... I thought I would sign in and tell you a little about myself. I was born and raised in Southeast Idaho and I loved it there. I fell in love with hunting when I turned 12 and have been addicted ever since. I'm currently a student at Utah State University and I'm itching to get out and see what this great state has to offer!

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:13 pm

::wel to the madness
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

byuauhunter
Fawn
Fawn

New To The Board

Post by byuauhunter » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Someone mentioned this board on another forum and I thought I'd come check it out. Looks great on first glance through. 29 yrs old. The wife and I are originally from western Oregon but have been in Idaho since 2004. Always wanted to get into hunting but my family was all fisherman. My wife and I finally decided to go it alone and enjoyed our first hunting season in 2008 in our mid-20's.

We're still VERY green but are trying to learn the ropes and become competent hunters despite getting a late start and going it alone. We wish we would have started sooner!

I've been a small-scale miner for years and never thought anything could match the excitement of digging a gold nugget. Harvesting my first mule deer in 2009 was right up there. It was a small 3x3 but was truly a trophy to me. It took me a lot of years and hard work to get good at mining so I assume with enough effort and patience our muley skills will improve.

Hoping to glean some knowledge from the more experienced forum members. My wife drew into a decent unit this year (Idaho Unit 44) and is hoping to harvest her first muley. Despite not knowing the unit at all and having all the experience of one Muley between us we're hoping this season's a successful one.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 pm

::wel to the Madness.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

GOHUNTN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by GOHUNTN » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:14 pm

To be honest I found this site doing some web searches for a mule deer hunt this fall in Colorado and really enjoyed the threads and the help that people on here gave each other. Nice to find a place to dicuss common interests and share hunting knowledge.

So a little background on me, I'm 41 years old from MN married with three kids. Absolutley fell in love with hunting the West about 24 years ago through an uncle and cousins who had been taking some hunts and invited me along. Ever since we've been trying to take at least one, sometimes lucky enough to take two, trips a year somewhere West weather it be Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, etc. and have hunted for elk, deer and antelope. I Haven't been succesful in harvesting an animal on each trip but for us it's more about the memories, the experience, the planning, the scenery and the people your with that makes a trip a success or not. Looking forward to being part of this forum, thanks for providing it.