MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
mnap1218
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by mnap1218 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:55 pm

hello every one this is the first hunting forum i have ever joined. i haven't hunted since i was around 18 when my grandfather died and im now 43 with 5 children and a wonderful wife. i recently had to retake hunters safety to get a tag as utah lost all records of my hunters safety and while doing so my wife and 2 youngest decided to do it with me. i have picked out and purchased the rifles that they will be hunting with and joined for some advice on the best factory ammo for them to use as i dont reload.

frogtosser
Fawn
Fawn

Post by frogtosser » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 am

Hey guys, my name is Greg and I'm from Minnesota. I just went on my first DYI public land hunt out west last week and it was a blast. I am an archery addict and arrowed my first mule deer and am hooked. Got a 11 year old boy that has to wait 1 more year to hunt with me but loves it too. I hope to make some friends and connections for future hunts out west.

tmotz05
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tmotz05 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:39 am

Hello I'm new to this site. Just joined today. I'm 42 and have lived in West Virginia my entire life. I was blessed a few years ago to take a guided antelope hunt in Wyoming. Last year I was able to go on a diy elk hunt in Colorado......I'm hooked. So now all I do is think about what I need before next year. What gear I need etc.etc.

I love to hunt anything thats legal. I also love to fish. Trout is my favorite.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:09 am

Welcome, gents. Look forward to your posts. Post up some of your photos from hunts past....doesn't have to be Western hunts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Concanflash
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Concanflash » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello all! I live in TX and have been hunting & guiding whitetail all my life and just recently (2yrs) started after mule deer. My first colorado hunt will be in unit 82. I know this unit is tough from what I have been told but that is the way it should be. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this group.

TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Post by TexasHunter83 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:52 am

Great idea!

My name is Brian and I live on the Texas Gulf Coast about an hour and 20 minutes west-southwest of Houston. I've been a member for about a year and I've found the guys and gals of muleymadness to be, not only friendly and enjoyable to converse with, but a wealth of knowledge to aid in many more years of hunting. Many members have been especially helpful in planning my upcoming hunt in Colorado. As far as animals native to Texas, I hunt Whitetail Deer, Hogs, Dove, Geese, Duck<--(occasionally), and try to squeeze in some winter fishing when I can. When it comes to bigger game hunting, so far my hunts are limited to a Wyoming Antelope hunt and a muley hunt that'll be added to the list on Saturday.

I hope all of you have a great hunting season and I look forward to conversing with many more members!

clintonias67
Fawn
Fawn

Post by clintonias67 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:13 am

Hi been bowhunting 35 years, half of that traditional. Been to lots of far away places. Never really shot much. Live in Herriman and I love to just get out. Thanks for the add. Clint

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Welcome to all the new folks. If you have questions just ask. Plenty of friendly and knowledgeable folks on here!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

dinkman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dinkman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello and Thanks for the welcoming, I am a very recent transplant to Wyoming. I'm originally from Kentucky and have hunted white tails, turkeys, waterfowl, rabbits, upland birds, squirrels, and done some predator hunting. I have a 5 year old English Setter who is itching to get out and get after some pheasant,grouse and other upland birds. Being so new to the state I am unsure of how to get started hunting here in Wyoming. My main interest are muleys, white tails, pronghorns, turkeys especially turkeys, and upland birds. I'll be doing a lot of reading on this site and trying to learn the regs, and any help would be greatly appreciated and I may be able to help with some questions about white tails. I have been an avid bow hunter for 20 plus years but also enjoy hunting with rifle, muzzleloader and handgun. Thanks for having me looking forward to making some new hunting brethren.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 am

dinkman:

Where at in Wyoming?
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer