utah deer management hunts

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: utah deer management hunts

Post by NotEnufTags » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Thanks for that info, that certainly makes it more appealing. I'd also like to see them give an early season archery only Management tag and the last season date they already have.[/quote]

Glad I could provide some useful info. Love the site. It's quite addicting. Thanks for all the time you put into it.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Spirit of a Hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: utah deer management hunts

Post by Spirit of a Hunter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:47 pm

It important to understand that in Utah a management buck is one with no more than three points on one antler not counting the eyeguard. With that in mind, one could take a 2x3, 2x4, 3x5, 3x6 or any other combination as long as one antler does not exceed three points. Just imagine an old buck, heavy and gnarly, with three long points on one side and with the other side having a four point main frame with some trash attached. It happens on the Paunsaugunt and in the Henry Mountains not only during the management hunt, but also during the regular hunts. Just having a chance to hunt either unit would be a prize in itself. With such a liberal season, a hunter would be able to sort through many deer and surely see bucks better than ever. Yes, it would hurt passing up the big four points and non-typicals, but with the odds of drawing one of the regular season hunts so low, the Management Hunt would offer in my opinion, a chance of killing a very worthy buck representative of the great state of Utah. As always, the hunt would be what you make of it.