COLO MULIE DRAWS ARE ONLINE

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

COLO MULIE DRAWS ARE ONLINE

Post by silvertip-co » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:08 pm

TO FIND OUT IF YOU DREW DEER GO HERE: http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/Big ... refPoints/

WE BOTH FINALLY DREW BUCK TAGS FOR UNIT 55. IT'S TAKEN THREE YEARS. I CAN SMELL THE VENISON COOKING ALREADY. NOW I JUST GOTTA LOCATE SOME UNIT 55 BULL ELKS.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

ABert

Re: COLO MULIE DRAWS ARE ONLINE

Post by ABert » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 pm

Yep, we (my dad, brother and his wife and I) all drew for 49. Same unit I got my biggest buck in a few years ago!

http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... k.jpg.html

Too lazy to post the pic itself, so here is the link for those of you who haven't met Curly! lol
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:19 am

Congrats to both of you on your tags.

Abert I spent some time in 49 a week ago good looking country best of luck to you this fall.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

zatarain6
3 point
3 point

Post by zatarain6 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:13 am

hit my tag in unit 49 with my brother and wife . not only is the tag good for unit 49 , but accross the highway also in units 57 and 58 where there is a nice field that the deer feed in through out the day . we now know how to get behind the field on blm land to look for a big wall hanger this year .

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 am

My wife drew a license for the plains. We'll be hunting there at the end of October/first of November. I drew a muzzleloader license for the high country. Not the greatest area, but could be a great hunt. All it takes is one big buck to make it a super hunt.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:47 pm

I drew a 2nd choice buck tag but my daughter drew a good tag, same dates so I hope to get to hunt for a day or two and after her orchestra concert is over, she will meet me and then we head over to her area, . :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 am

No joy on the deer tag. I guess I will be buying an over the counter bull tag instead.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:38 pm

My wife drew a plains license. It's not a premier area, but she's going to hunt some great country. I drew a muzz license for southcentral CO. Not in an area known for monsters, but there could sure be a stud or two there. Good luck to all in the upcoming season.

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 am

ICMDEER wrote:My wife drew a plains license. It's not a premier area, but she's going to hunt some great country. I drew a muzz license for southcentral CO. Not in an area known for monsters, but there could sure be a stud or two there. Good luck to all in the upcoming season.
A few yrs back I went to the annual blackpowder 'Rendezvous' at Florence Mountain Park over near Wetmore. There was a grizzled old rancher there had some fotos of huge mulie bucks. I ask where he got them. He said on the plains in some of the se Colo counties. He also said not a lot of deer but look at the fotos. Only Colo deer fotoso I seen larger were those taken on the Res near Ignacio. Gud luck on your plains hunt.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

sean_shotgun
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sean_shotgun » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 am

I'm pretty excited. Managed to get a Muzzleloader tag for a cow elk in area 51 - AND then picked a leftover Mulie tag for area 38 second season rifle. Also pocketed some preference points.

Having a blast scouting and looking for grouse too!