Jerry Sloan stepping down

Talk related to anything & everything.
bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Jerry Sloan stepping down

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I know alot of you here are from Utah and are Jazz fans. Sad to see Jerry go, along with Phil. Hopefully Corbin will be half the coach Jerry was. I have faith in him though.
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jerry Sloan stepping down

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Bout time, and no I'm NOT a Jerry hater. Just think this is long overdue and am glad to have some new life/blood into the Jazz. Not saying this will make them better right now, but they won't be worse off at all IMO.

Lunder
Spike
Spike

Post by Lunder » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Pretty sad day. I loved Coach Sloan but I also think change is usually good. And I think Ty will do a great job. I'm a long time Jazz fan and am very excited about the future of the organization.

antler08
Spike
Spike

Post by antler08 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 pm

I dig Sloan, burn of a coach. However 22-23 years, it's time for change, in fact in my opinion it's long overdue. Had alot of great players and just never able to seal the deal. Other coaches throughout professional sports, have not had such chances. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses to do from here foreward.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Here is an interesting tid bit:

Jerry played for Chicago, coached chicago then was fired. Then in the 90's lost twice to the bulls in the finals. Last year lost 3 of his players to the bulls. Then last night lost again to the bulls and decided to hang it up.
Deadi