Pushed Out

Talk related to anything & everything.
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Pushed Out

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 pm

NM cuts the # of non-residents again. I recon next round they'll cut out non-resident self hunters all together. I'd like to see all the fedral funds cut and see how well all of the fedral and state parks turn out in a couple of years. Along with with the grants. I've got nothing against out fitters and guides, but I know some people live for the hunt not just for bragging rights cause they payed somebody to put em on big horns. Anyway I was wandering what you westernboys thinkabout outta staters comeing in and takeing a little game in your states. I think poor ole CO will be slammed next season.Guess I'll have to move up permanent this spring so maybe I'll have a voice in this debacle. :>/

a_bow_nut

Re: Pushed Out

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 am

I don't have any problem with people from other states coming here to hunt. I have had the chance to hunt in a few other states for game that isn't avalable in the local hills and had a blast so I only see as fair that other people should be able to come and enjoy what we have to offer here.

That being said I think that any out of state tags that are offerd should be avalible for everybody and not to just the outfitters.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 am

LOL. I heard that from almost every camp while hunting the Beaver Mountain this year. I laughed every time because I met with a group of "Californian’s" on the second day of my hunt and unless you looked at the plate on the truck you would never know. They look just like Utahan’s. LOL.
Really non-res hunting are a way for all of use to hunt areas we dream of. I do not hunt guides I am a DIY hunter and always will be.
If NM keeps makes it for us to hunt guide only I will cut them off my hunt list. Not they where high on my list anyway.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I have no problem with the non-res hunter when they come here... as long as they don't have a problem with me when I hunt there.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

paladin
Spike
Spike

Post by paladin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:47 pm

We should all have a voice in this already. We are all citizens of the United States, not just citizens of one state or another. What ever happened to the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment? During the Great Depression, the California Highway Patrol, under orders from then Ca. Attorney Earl Warren, turned "Okies" away at the Ca. border. That was unconstitutional, too!

All everyone has to do is write one letter apiece, and the avalanche will terrify those bureaucrats.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785