Just a heads up from Cabela's

Talk related to anything & everything.
ABert

Just a heads up from Cabela's

Post by ABert » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:11 pm

For those of you who live near a Cabela's, the next four days they will be giving 10% off on firearms in celebration of the 2nd Amendment. However, there are a few restrictions, as in which firearms this discount applies to.

I "believe", as I don't have the paper in front of me, this applies to only handguns, tactical long arms, home defense shotguns and all firearms in the Gun Library (used firearms for those who don't know).

No, I don't know what they consider a tactical firearms nor home defense shotguns. I would consider a Tommy gun a tactical firearm but not sure the store does. I do consider a home defense shot gun a shot gun with an 18.5" barrel but not sure what the store does. If you have questions as to what is included or excluded, call the store and ask for the gun line. They should be able to answer your questions.

I posted in an earlier thread that the state of Louisiana has had a 2nd Amendment weekend for some time that is tax free on all firearms and pretty much anything to do with hunting. I asked today if this was at ALL stores and not just the one in LA and was told it was all stores. Perhaps Cabela's is following LA's lead on celebrating the 2nd Amendment? I don't know.

Anyways, for those of you near a Cabela's and you've had your eye on a certain firearm that meets the criteria this might just be the weekend to save a few dollars.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: Just a heads up from Cabela's

Post by waspocrew » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the heads up! I just got the email and was a little disappointed that there were only specific firearms on sale. 10% off of a new hunting rig would've been nice. This might be a good time to finally pick up an XDM 9mm...