Truck Lift

Talk related to anything & everything.
maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Truck Lift

Post by maintguy47 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Got a new dodge and was thinking about lifting it 2". Dont know if I should go with a body or a suspension lift. What are the advantiges or disadvantiges? Haven't lifted one since 1994. Suspension and was a big job. Any help would be welcome.

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Re: Truck Lift

Post by CaHntr » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I'd put new coils or coil spring spacers in the front. Carli Suspension has great riding suspension systems for the dodge.

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

A body lift is much cheaper and easier than any suspension lift.

Pros, aside from cost, is no change in ride, no change in driveline geometery, much easier than any suspension lift.

Cons: Higher center of gravity, more wind resistance rolling down the highway.

Not familiar with your ride and what is out there for it but I would save the money you'd spend on a suspension lift for only two inches and put that into gas with the body lift. You'd have to spend the same amount on gas after the suspension lift anyways.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 am

I'd go with a leveling kit. They are cheap and easy. My buddy recently bought an 05 Ram 2500 that is leveled and it was riding on 35's with only minor clearance issues if the wheel was fully cranked. He's switched to 285/75's now and it still looks good.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks for help. Had to sit out the whole season cause of health reasons. Haven,t even whacked so much as a rabbit. Any who it's a little early but I'm starten to gear up with a vengance for next season cass things get better.I was eyeballin my granduaghters pet ducks the other day, told my wife they were looking ripe. Still gotta red palm print on the back of my head.

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:57 pm

I wouldn't do a spacer on the Dodge. I did it to mine, and any and every flaw is exemplified big time. Death wobble is a pain to deal with, shocks would fully extend when off road more easily (they're already 2" closer to full extension) causing a hard popping as they extended, and I just seemed to have problems all around. The whole geometry under that truck is not the greatest, and the spacer (or a longer coil) lift just messes with all of it.

That being said, I'm still contemplating putting mine back on now that I've replaced all my ball joints and U-joints....