NM Draw

Talk related to anything & everything.
derekp1999
4 point
4 point

NM Draw

Post by derekp1999 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 am

Got a text from my buddy in Albuquerque... said he drew his first choice deer & elk tags. Unit 34 deer (Alamogordo area I believe) & unit 4 elk (Humphries/Rio Chama WMA). I'm very happy for him...

... but that's precisely the reason why the Utah draw is SOOOO frustrating for me. NM draw closed three weeks after Utah's & results were available a full month sooner. I don't understand why Utah takes so long. ](*,)
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NM Draw

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 am

Agreed Derek, bit of a joke it takes them this long.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I put in for the South Dakota Deer near the deadline this year and I was emailed the results in 48 hours. I’m not sure if thats all draws there but I wasn’t expecting to draw the tag that fast.
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:32 am

derekp1999 wrote: I don't understand why Utah takes so long. ](*,)
From what I understand is they are waiting for the winter/spring surveys before they set tag numbers. I think the tag numbers just went through the RAC process. Once they get through the WB process it only takes them a couple of weeks to get the results out.

How about being a wyoming non. resident. Apply in March for deer/antelope, results posted end of june/first part of july. Yet for a non. res wyo elk hunter it takes roughly 1 month for results.
Watch your top knot!

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:10 pm

9er wrote:From what I understand is they are waiting for the winter/spring surveys before they set tag numbers. I think the tag numbers just went through the RAC process. Once they get through the WB process it only takes them a couple of weeks to get the results out.
Oh, I'm aware of the process & you described it about right... I just don't comprehend why the application process so early with the knowledge that tag numbers are not set until after the May Wildlife Board meeting. In a way, I feel like they're holding me hostage as I have very limited funds & I don't dare apply for something out of state while waiting for the Utah results to become available (maybe that's their intention... who knows!).
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm

derekp1999 wrote:
9er wrote:From what I understand is they are waiting for the winter/spring surveys before they set tag numbers. I think the tag numbers just went through the RAC process. Once they get through the WB process it only takes them a couple of weeks to get the results out.
Oh, I'm aware of the process & you described it about right... I just don't comprehend why the application process so early with the knowledge that tag numbers are not set until after the May Wildlife Board meeting. In a way, I feel like they're holding me hostage as I have very limited funds & I don't dare apply for something out of state while waiting for the Utah results to become available (maybe that's their intention... who knows!).

Maybe that is their intention, i agree it sure seems to take forever for the results
Watch your top knot!