CO hunting trips seem to be last minute

Talk related to anything & everything.
elkhunter71
Fawn
Fawn

CO hunting trips seem to be last minute

Post by elkhunter71 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:57 pm

As the time comes closer I find it that every year I am in this situation, I wait until the last minute to put in for my tags. Does anyone else do this? My hunting partner has been skunked for 5 years now why I have been successfull 3/5. We share a camp but he believes in his 4wheelers and driving right up to where he wants to go and gets off. We are going to discuss a new area this year as we both are hard pressed to get the time off... :>/ We are going to try to go for unit 581, this will be my sons first year, we are going to go deer and elk for me im going to go for cow and doe, son will go bull and buck. I just dont understand my partner gets so discouraged and never wants to prep/plan for the new year....maybe time to find a new partner I suppose. Does anyone else wait until the last minute to put there tags in? Anyone in the Colorado Springs area looking to go hunting to a new area, I plan on scouting a ton this summer!

TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Re: CO hunting trips seem to be last minute

Post by TexasHunter83 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:09 am

I won't say who, but I know someone (close to me) who waits until the last minute for EVERYTHING. I'm talking down to the final few hours. This is despite weekly, sometimes daily phone calls to remind him. lol Last year he waited so long to put in for the CO draw that it was the last few hours until the deadline and the website had too much traffic. We ended up being able to get in an hour before the deadline. This year he waited until about 8 hours before the deadline but was able to get in and apply. I put in for the draw in February when it first opened.