4-wheeler advice please...

Talk related to anything & everything.
Mike Honcho
Fawn
Fawn

Re: 4-wheeler advice please...

Post by Mike Honcho » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Definetly a Yamaha or Honda. Polaris makes the most comfortable ride, but I've seen too many people playing mechanic on them. Personally I am a fan of Yamaha but Honda motor's are bullet proof so it's hard to go wrong with them.
"You can't fix stupid!"

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:12 pm

I'd get a horse myself. Much cheaper to fill up and will go places a four wheeler couldn't even dream of going.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 am

I have seen both Grizzly and Polaris roll where Honda didn't. IMO i would pay for stability and screw comfort. but by the power steering its worth every penny.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

skyhawkbowhunter1
Spike
Spike

Post by skyhawkbowhunter1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Honda or Polaris

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 pm

So what does everyone have against the Yamaha Grizzly? Everyone is talking about Polaris and Arctic crap, but nobody mentions the awesome Yamah Grizzly???.... Sorry, I have just ridden alot of machines and dont really like either one. I have a 2005 Yamaha grizzly 660 and am completely in love with it. Smooth ride, powerfull engine with an awesomely smooth automatic transmission. Selectable 4WD with low range and a front locker. I love it and personally there is no other machine I'd rather have. Well, maybe the new Rino 700 EFI, but that's a whole lot of money I wont have for a while.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:32 pm

79Ford wrote:So what does everyone have against the Yamaha Grizzly? Everyone is talking about Polaris and Arctic crap, but nobody mentions the awesome Yamah Grizzly???.... Sorry, I have just ridden alot of machines and dont really like either one. I have a 2005 Yamaha grizzly 660 and am completely in love with it. Smooth ride, powerfull engine with an awesomely smooth automatic transmission. Selectable 4WD with low range and a front locker. I love it and personally there is no other machine I'd rather have. Well, maybe the new Rino 700 EFI, but that's a whole lot of money I wont have for a while.

i dont have a prob with the grizz at all, they are a great machine as well, but until a Honda fails me i will drive a honda

9er
Watch your top knot!

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:52 pm

skyhawkbowhunter1 wrote:Honda or Polaris
Honda
79Ford wrote:So what does everyone have against the Yamaha Grizzly? Everyone is talking about Polaris and Arctic crap, but nobody mentions the awesome Yamah Grizzly???.... Sorry, I have just ridden alot of machines and dont really like either one. I have a 2005 Yamaha grizzly 660 and am completely in love with it. Smooth ride, powerfull engine with an awesomely smooth automatic transmission. Selectable 4WD with low range and a front locker. I love it and personally there is no other machine I'd rather have. Well, maybe the new Rino 700 EFI, but that's a whole lot of money I wont have for a while.
well me and my uncle where riding together he pulled along side of me to talk and before you know it he rolled. I don't know how we where on a fairly straight part of the Piute Trail. but he rolled and he was driving his new Grizzly. before we left i noticed how much taller it was than my Foreman. and felt a little like i could pulle it over if i leaned over on it. Try that on a Forman and see if you can
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:02 pm

honda rancher hands down. tough and reliable! not built to ride like a caddy but will not let you down

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm

It could have been taller wheels and tires some guys put on as an aftermarket item. They are good for mud but IMO make you a little more subject to roll over when traversing rocky terrain.

shedcrazyUT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shedcrazyUT » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm

Honda rancher.
Manual shift, no extras, no bells and wistles. my family has owned a couple and the biggest thing we have had to do to them is change the oil and tires, they ahve been very used and abused with no major problems. They are much lighter then most other atvs, I have had mine fall threw crusted snow past the handle bars and got it out without any help. They also have enough power to go any where it is legal to take them, and the newer models bigger engins then the older ones and you can switch in and out of 4 wheel drive on the newer models
If you can't hunt them now, watch em till you can.