Texas Hunt Info?

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
bonehead
4 point
4 point

Texas Hunt Info?

Post by bonehead » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Me and some friends plan on going to texas this year in Nov. If any one out there has Info on a good cheap ranch, the info would be great. Ps. We are Going to stay in Or around Austin

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Re: Texas Hunt Info?

Post by maintguy47 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Boy are you in trouble. TX is all about the money. There is more public land to hunt on Egland AFB in Florida than in the entire state of TX. I,ve done the math over the past year. Ninety-five% of TX is privately owned. I've lisened to landowners whine about the hogs screwing up the food plots and cleaning out their corn feeders but when you offer to take afew out (not during deer season) they want $200 a day are more. Most of the ranches in TX will have pictures of thier bucks just pick the one you like and they'll tell you how much it is. Most put a guy in the shooting house or the elevated truck with you so you take the one you pick. Some even use colored ear tags. This is prime TX hunting. Good Luck. If you like to HUNT whietail I can put onto a few areas in FL,Alabama or South Ga.

samuelc
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Texas Hunt Info?

Post by samuelc » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Can't deny some of what I hear about TX hunting... but if you want to come down and help kill off some of these hogs please do!