Re: Ouch - Poor thing.

Post by racks&quacks » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Thats not good!!!

gcox98
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gcox98 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 am

I'm thinking that someone wants to give us a bad name. The arrow looks to perfect, not a scatch on it. About every deer I've shot snaps the arrow in have as soon as they run though the brush. Just my 2 cent worth.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:52 am

Was my brother in law hunting around there? lol

Talk about a sinus headache!

I don't believe it is a fake.

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 pm

It does seem pretty surprising that the exit hole wouldn't have more damage than that. I was with a friend that made a similar shot through the nose of a nice 6 point elk. It turned out that his string broke (release cut the string in the days before string loops) at release and the arrow went wild. The bull kept shaking his head trying to get the arrow out, but not running away. I had already killed my bull, so we didn't have another bow and all we could do is sit there and watch....
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:17 am

Stickflicker that is crazy!!! Unfortunate for you guys that you had to watch helplessly as that happened. It's the nature of the beast though sometimes things just don't go perfect.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:40 pm

If its fake or not, seeing this kind of thing is ridiculous. Irresponsible hunters shouldn't even be allowed to look at wildlife IMO. Ive been following a thread about wounded ethics and this one takes the cake... Wonder if the idiot who flung this arrow ever thought about an arrow sticking out of their own head.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

drvsarchry123
Fawn
Fawn

Post by drvsarchry123 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:08 am

I really had doubts on what I've seen on the photo. It was truly a real one!
It was kind of a strange picture of the situation of the poor deer which have been shoot out by an arrow within his head. This seems to be a miserable situation for the poor deer.

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:50 am

I was with a friend hunting elk one time when I very nice 6 x 6 bull presented a good shot for him. I had already taken my bull, so didn't have a bow and was just tagging along but about 20 yards away. He drew, and while I watched the bull, the arrow went through the bull's muzzle and was sticking out both sides, a little like the photo. The bull just stood there shaking his head to try to get the arrow out, but didn't immediately run away. I signaled to my friend to shoot him again, but then he held up his bow so I could see that the string broke when he released, causing the arrow to go wild and hit the bull in the nose. Without a second bow, we just had to sit and stare at the bull while he tried to get the arrow to shake out. You just never know. There could be a perfectly, but unfortunate, reason for that arrow other than a slob hunter.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 am

killerbee wrote:that stinks!
just a thought: [ although i hate when people question every picture to get posted...]
but to me that broadhead looks like a Wasp Jackhammer- expandable. i have seen these used and they make a huge exit hole. i've also never seen one of them not expand. that exit hole looks no bigger than the shaft of the arrow, is there any way it is a fake picture? there should be a huge wound we should be able to see.
i hope it is cuz that would suck runnin around with that sticking out in your way. :>/

I'm with you man, I hate to question a picture somebody posted but there is no damage from the broadhead and it is way to clean for it to be real. My guess is some tree hugging computer nerd doctored it up, but if it is real then I hope that this bad shot was a accident.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:07 pm

I do too Brian, but we get a bit gun shy when every other one is "shopped" somehow.

However, I think this one is authentic. As you know, I snoop a lot of these out and am fairly familiar with the process and what to look for. It's rare that you get pics from two different angles that are photoshopped, let alone two that keep the arrow and the same angle and the lighting correct in both.

The second reason I feel they are authentic is the fact that we also have a zoomed in shot...and the arrow size, placement, shadows, etc are all consistant.

If it is indeed a series of photoshopped pics then they have to be some of the better work that I've ran across.

Again, just my two cents.