Iowa giant

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
TheGreatwhitehunter

Iowa giant

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:04 pm

This is the info I recieved form a friend in Iowa about this buck. Do not know any other details feel free to do some research. Either way it is a great buck

Shot in East central Iowa . It has 28 points and should gross close to 270” and net upper 250’s to lower 260’s. Will be the new state record bow kill when it’s officially scored.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: Iowa giant

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Another AWESOME BUCK!! This one is also on the Boone and Crockett Trophy Watch page. Below are the stats that they list on it.

East central Iowa... 28 points... grossing in the 270s is all we know at this point.

Update - 10/31/08 Taken in Jackson County. For Iowa, Jackson County ranks #2 for total number of typical entries (24) and #11 for non-typical entries (11). Of all states or provinces, Iowa ranks #3 for typical and #2 for non-typical with 545 and 365 respectively. Keep in mind these are B&C qualifying trophies. There would be more Pope& Young archery taken trophies since P&Y minimums are lower

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trop ... ?area=news

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iowa giant

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:27 am

Might be the most impressive eyeguards I've ever seen on a Whitetail. 10sign: 10sign:

That stuff tied up in the horns?