2008 wyoming whitetail!

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
downwind_heat
Fawn
Fawn

2008 wyoming whitetail!

Post by downwind_heat » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 pm

It was a cold morning in area 27 of Wyoming. The first drops of rain began to fall and my uncle and I were quite skeptical about how this hunt would turn out. Heres some base info, My names Aaron, I'm 13 and I was born and raised in Sheridan, Wyoming and I've ALWAYS been an avid hunter. This was my first year hunting for deer due to a football injury that lasted into last years season ](*,) . Anyways back on topic! We stepped out of the ford and began our little escapade. First thing we spooked a doe up out of the area we were going to be in. I decided it would be best for the area we were in to just sit, spot, then stalk. The day was going by slowly and each second it was getting more miserable. We were set up on the outskirts of a valley in a group of trees. At about 8:30 my uncle spotted a decent buck chasing around some does but it eventually ran off a ways. A bit later My uncle spotted a small buck and a smaller one. The deer wasn't in our area and we had to wait for it too come in. the smallest came in first and I had a shot at him but I was waiting for the perfect time to do it. Right about when I was getting impatient The bigger of the two chased the other off playing and then bedding down in some thick brush. Wanting to get the cold day over with we decided to jump them and see if they stop running-- and they did! The two bucks jumped out of the brush and jumped a ditch, but there fatal flaw was stopping. All It took was a keen eye, dropping to one knee and sending the lead out of the 25-06 barrel to hit him. After recovering from the muzzle blast I see the deer go straight down. We got over to the deer and examined him. A very heavy 4x4 that was a great first timer. The bullet hit the ribcage, jellied a lung, and stopped on the backstrap. This deer field dressed weighed 230 lbs- a veryyy fat specimen :)).

I Don't have much for pictures cause we didn't carry a camera and the skull and horns are sitting outside as we speak. I wouldn't mind taking a picture of it but it isn't for the queesy- I'm in the process boiling the head for a europeon mount.

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Re: 2008 wyoming whitetail!

Post by Buckmaster » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 am

Wow great story!! Thanks for posting up & Welcome!! Snap some shots of the skull when your all done boiling.... again congrats :thumb
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 am

downwind_heat, Great job on your first buck. Sounds like you started off with a bang. Please post some photos of your european mount. What about U W knocking off Tennessee yesterday? Go Cowboys!
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

downwind_heat
Fawn
Fawn

Post by downwind_heat » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:24 am

Haha, The skull is boiling at the moment it'll be a few hours then i scrape the brains out. UW beat Tenn? I didn't watch that game was busy watching hoosiers and badgers play #-o

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:17 am

downwind-heat, Congrats! that's a fine first deer, Sounds like a very good WY Whitetail.. Post up some photos when you get a chance.

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Congratulations! That was a very well written story! I enjoyed reading it. Thanks, Tommy
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"