how oh how do I find the deer

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
nodeeryet
Fawn
Fawn

how oh how do I find the deer

Post by nodeeryet » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:54 pm

(???) I live in New Hampshire ( southeast ) & have been hunting whitetail deer for too many years & still nothing... ](*,) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I didn't start hunting till 8 yrs ago or so... Other than my Dad & Mom, my big bro & sister think I'm crazy cause I'm a female & they just don't get it. I want sooo badly to at least have one kill while my parents are still alive. ( they're as old as dirt lol ) I love the whole outdoors in the woods stuff, but a deer sure would be great !! Please help !

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Re: how oh how do I find the deer

Post by brn2hunt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Try places with a larger population of deer. Maybe even travel? Or find someone that has been succesful in your area and get some tips from them.
"Ne A La Chasse"

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:04 am

White Tails use their nose more then anything. Always place your stand downwind of trails and feeding areas. Speaking of feeding areas [corn, alfalfa etc] study the trails. Find trails that are being used place a stand accordingly. Just after daylight and just before dark will be most productive. You have to be totally quiet and still, movement and human sounds will also send a White Tail into hiding. Use sent free shampoo, soap etc before going into the woods.
Hope this helps and good luck. And ask any questions you like, we will do our best to answer.

nodeeryet
Fawn
Fawn

Post by nodeeryet » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm

I want to say "Thanks for the info ". I have been checking out some different areas, so... we'll see what happens. I don't use a stand, but I surely understand about the downwind & smell stuff. This area of New Hampshire is for the most part very woodsy or wetlands galore. As far as open fields etc, there is a high percentage of people that own those properties that are NOT understanding of the reasons for hunting. :>/ ( I'm sure you know what I mean ) lol. Way too many "no trespassing/hunting" allowed land owners. & that always seems to be where the open fields, apple orchards, etc are.
Of course, today is great weather if you're a duck, & I know all the Bambie's are sacked out anyway. So I'll see what Sunday brings...Defenitly going to a different area that looks to be more promising. Thank goodness I have the "M" tag which does make the short firearms season more enjoyable.
I'll surely let you know what the very near future brings for me......Buck or Doe....I'll take either!
At least I have the advantage of being able to hunt any day I can, cause...Yippee!! I don't work.. :thumb
Thanks again...