Weber river 3/4/12

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Weber river 3/4/12

Post by one hunting fool » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am

Ok I started at the Mountain Green ext and fished the spillway. First cast hooked a 14" brown on a San Joan worm. Skinny brown looked like a snake. I fished another 2 hours and not even a hit so I moved to the fairgrounds in Morgan. Got there at 12 am and although there was a few fish rising I could not get a hit on anything I tried. Sow bugs, midges, blue wings, nothing was working, so I moved on up the river. It was like everyone in the city was fishing above the Morgan. I decided to try above the echo, the water below was so slow and busy I didn't want the competition. I was at the first echo exit on 80 and started fishing just past the campground. No one around! Fished till 4:45 and at about 3 I finally got the depth and weights right and hooked a fish about every cast. Nice Cuts, a few bows smaller but fun to hook. It lasted about ½ hour then nothing again till I packed it in. Had a great day and lots of fun.
P.S. I caught the most fish on the San Joan worm.
:thumb
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

a_bow_nut

Re: Weber river 3/4/12

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

Sounds like a good day to be out and with the weather I couldn't blame ya.

I was down on the middle Provo just above Deer Creek on Saturday andnoticed that the fish were rising there also. Was a little surprised to see that this time of year I figured that the bugs would wait for some warmer weather.

I was using spinners so I didn't get the chance to chase the rising fish but I did pick up this little brown though.

Missed a few others after that I was to busy watching all of the ducks that were flying around. lol
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Re: Weber river 3/4/12

Post by huntfishnv » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:32 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:
Missed a few others after that I was to busy watching all of the ducks that were flying around. lol
Happens to me all the time.
The Buck Stops Here