43.6 Pound Rainbow, new world record.

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
camodup
3 point
3 point

43.6 Pound Rainbow, new world record.

Post by camodup » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:04 pm

i got this email from my mom, this guy my mom works with and his buddy caught this at Flaming Gorge.

Here’s the new world record rainbow. Caught from the Utah side, Flaming Gorge. What a monster though. It’s not a mackinaw or even a hybrid, but a straight rainbow. The pictures don’t lie? I’ve never seen a rainbow anywhere close to that big. My buddy caught a 23 pounder on the green river last year just below flaming gorge darn, which about killed him to get it in and up on the rocks. Neither of us could wade in with the net cause the water is too deep and fast right there. You know this if you have ever fished the green. All I can say is WOW!

p.s. I have been really feeling the itch the last week or two for spring fishing, but this is worse than buck fever in my world. I have caught some big fish in flaming gorge over the years, but I have never even seen anything like this, seriously (not including the mack’s below the darn of course). By the way, and some of you already know, my family still has a summer house/fishing cabin in Manila equipped with a loaded tracker with all the equipment if anyone was ever interested in a weekend with their families doing some real fishing? Just thought I would throw it out there since spring is on the way and I usually have to go alone and usually end up in trouble when left to my own devices. You can let me know if interested. Thinking about mid may as soon as all of the ice is off?
Attachments
GetAttachment2.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg
3.jpg
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

killerbee

Re: 43.6 Pound Rainbow, new world record.

Post by killerbee » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 pm

I've never even seen a fish built like that! it's bigger around than it is long! very cool!

side note: when i first read the post i thought" if this is another story without a picture im gonna be pissed" lol

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:22 pm

WOWOW!!!!! That is a BEAST of a rainbow!

I've seen some good sized ones before but nothing with that amount of girth to it!

My dad caught a BIG rainbow when we were kids outside of Orofino, Idaho that was big enough that it had 5 other hooks/set-ups in it's mouth that it had broken off of other folk's poles. I sure wish my dad had wieghed that thing before we ate it.

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

killerbee wrote:I've never even seen a fish built like that! it's bigger around than it is long! very cool!

side note: when i first read the post i thought" if this is another story without a picture im gonna be pissed" lol
HAHAHA! lol :))
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Duck Junkies Field Staff

DesertGhost
Fawn
Fawn

Post by DesertGhost » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Not to call you out and call you a liar, but that fish was caught in CANADA. here is a link to the story that espn did. it was in a few magazines as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fish ... id=2901070

DG

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:50 pm

That is funny. I remember seeing these pictures in an issue of Field and Stream a coupld of years ago. It is amazing how storys can be so messed up through email and the internet. You pretty much can't believe any thing these days unless you see if first hand.

The only thing you can believe is that I am going to draw a Elk tag from
the Expo this weekend. lol
Deadi

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:52 pm

I was about to say that fish was caught in Canada a few years ago remember seeing it in the magazines
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Camodup, I don't care where that came from, I have never seen that and those pics are incredible! Hard to believe there even real, I guess if ESPN did a report on it though I have to believe it, haha. But hey, I'm probably going to be taking some leave (a week or two) before a little deloyment in May (not sure when in May) and if the ice is off and you're headed out I would LOVE to take you up on that offer! I was home for a month in December and only went fishing twice cause I couldn't find anyone to go with :>/ so i'm in the same boat as you there. We'll have to keep in touch.

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Those two brothers are famous for catching huge fish these pics are a few years old but always good to look at
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 pm

hey i was just saying i got em in an email and decided some people should share the drooling haha
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Duck Junkies Field Staff