Currant Creek 7/12/09

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Currant Creek 7/12/09

Post by CodeRED » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:37 pm

So I went up toward Current Creek this weekend right off of Highway 40 to fish the stream. My buddy Rob has never really fished a stream and ended up catching 10 to my 5 fish, ugh... So here are some pics of our day there. It was awesome to get out that way. I was also using my Scuba camera which takes better pics under water but still some alright ones came out (except for the close ups of my finger).

Pics of my catch's

Rob's first stream fish

Oh yeah.... Got a #1 Mepps stuck in my finger pretty bad. We ended up having to cut the hook with my pliers and then feed it the rest of the way trough my finger cause the barb was deep in the meat... ouch
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

chet
Monster
Monster

Re: Currant Creek 7/12/09

Post by chet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:12 am

try higher up the canyon and fish the clear water for browns.

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am

I feel your pain. I've clipped a mepps #2 before to get it out. Looks like an otherwise great day out.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:23 pm

chet wrote:try higher up the canyon and fish the clear water for browns.
This is true, last year I did have more luck with Browns and we were higher. We'll see about it next weekend!
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-