Monster Golden Trout

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
BIG R
4 point
4 point

Re: Monster Golden Trout

Post by BIG R » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Ive caught 4 or 5 over 20" in CA and thought I accomplished something."Think again"

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Now that sounds like a fantastic trip. Beautiful fish! I love the Wind river range. Thank you for sharing these photos with us. 10sign: 10sign:
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:40 pm

BIG R wrote:Ive caught 4 or 5 over 20" in CA and thought I accomplished something."Think again"
There aren't too many drainages with golden trout. 4 or 5 over twenty puts you in an elite crowd.

The purpose of my brother's trip was one golden over twenty. They hit gold figurative and literally. They have renamed the lake "Eldorado" after the city of gold.
Hiker wrote:Now that sounds like a fantastic trip. Beautiful fish! I love the Wind river range. Thank you for sharing these photos with us. 10sign: 10sign:
You're all welcome. I appreciate the experiences shared by others so I try to contribute when I can. Even when it's through my brother and friend.

To all the madness members, feel free to do the same. It makes for a great site anda fun way to spend time infront of the screen.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:05 pm

That some great golden's as far as I know Wyo. G&F has stopped stocking goldens
I know my spellings bad!

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Wow I stand corrected. The back ends just look alot like a cutthroat.

Beautiful fish. Thanks for sharing.
Deadi

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am

Larry wrote:That some great golden's as far as I know Wyo. G&F has stopped stocking goldens
I think you're correct Larry. Something about the fish eating insects that changes the ecology of the lake. Just another environmentalist twist to thumb their noses at sportsmen.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."