Biggest Fish Contest with Cash Prize

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
#1DEER 1-I
Spike
Spike

Biggest Fish Contest with Cash Prize

Post by #1DEER 1-I » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:16 pm

I ran a biggest trout contest last year on Utah Wildlife Network forum and decided I would try to boost the entries into my fish contest this year by also expanding the contest to another board. The overall winner of the contest will receive $20 from me as well as any prize donations that are donated while the contest is running.
A few simple rules:
*No lake trout accepted
*Three photos of the fish must be submitted (if possible at slightly different angles, if not possible just take three similar photos)
*Fish must be caught in Utah
*Do not post photos of fish you plan to enter on THIS THREAD, other threads it doesn't matter
*No second place prizes or money prizes will be given, only first place
*A poll will be taken again this year after narrowing it down to just a few
*Also please specify you are a member of the Muley Madness forum and leave your username.
*All entries must be submitted to my e-mail address by December 15, 2009.

My e-mail address is: oneye@mail.com

Note: As I said the forum Utah Wildlife Network will be included in the contest. The Bullock Outdoors Forumwill also be included in this contest.
Last edited by #1DEER 1-I on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Built Ford Tough"--well that's just not tough enough.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Biggest Fish Contest with Cash Prize

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 am

I may have a few to post in a couple weeks, not winners but hopefully some decent browns.

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Im goin to fish some streams tomorrow in Thistle. For some reason I always catch some porkers outta there. Ill be posting next week for sure with anything I end up catching though.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

AZ_BOWHNTR
Spike
Spike

Post by AZ_BOWHNTR » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Do salt water trout count?
JB

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm

AZ_BOWHNTR wrote:Do salt water trout count?
#1DEER 1-I wrote:A few simple rules:
*No lake trout accepted
*Three photos of the fish must be submitted (if possible at slightly different angles, if not possible just take three similar photos)
No salt water here unless its the Great Salt Lake... Nothing but Brine Shrimp can live in there.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

#1DEER 1-I
Spike
Spike

Post by #1DEER 1-I » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:33 pm

A quick change on the deadline to the contest:

After discussion with some members of all 3 forums involved with this contest, I have decided to move the contest deadline date back.

**The new deadline is Tuesday, December 15,2009

More questions I have been asked:

Will fish caught by bow fishing/spear fishing be counted?
*Yes

**Also fish will not be judged strictly on size but will be judged on the size of the fish in relation to the breed of the fish. A poll will be ran on all 3 forums involved to choose the overall winner after I narrow it down to 3 to 5 fish.
"Built Ford Tough"--well that's just not tough enough.

AZ_BOWHNTR
Spike
Spike

Post by AZ_BOWHNTR » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:18 am

CodeRED wrote:
AZ_BOWHNTR wrote:Do salt water trout count?
#1DEER 1-I wrote:A few simple rules:
*No lake trout accepted
No salt water here unless its the Great Salt Lake... Nothing but Brine Shrimp can live in there.

Guess I should have into the rules a little further! Didn't see the Utah clause...hard to catch a Utah trout in TX.

Good luck to those who enter!
JB

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:56 pm

This is unrelated to the thread (Cause this is not my catch) but look at this one of my buddies at work has a friend that caught this big pig on the south fork of the Snake River. Brown Trout @ 18lbs and 32" long.

-Cody-