High Uintah weather ?

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
DeadI

High Uintah weather ?

Post by DeadI » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Just wondering what the temps are getting down to in the eavning, nights and mornings up in the high uintahs this time of year. I am going on a horse packing fishing trip this week and wondering how much clothing I need to take with me.
Deadi

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: High Uintah weather ?

Post by NotEnufTags » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 am

DeadI wrote:Just wondering what the temps are getting down to in the eavning, nights and mornings up in the high uintahs this time of year. I am going on a horse packing fishing trip this week and wondering how much clothing I need to take with me.
I haven't been up there this year yet. From past experiences you can always expect the afternoon thunder and lighting showers. Some of them will be brief and in a hour you wont even know they came through, but others will come through and dump a couple inches of hail on you. The hail/snow storms in july and august make for a cold night if you your in shorts and a tee shirt. Just ask a couple of the scouts that I've had up there. Needless to say I had some extra gear for them

Have fun. Don't forget the foil, butter, and lemon pepper. There isn't anything that tastes better than a fresh uinta brookie straight out of the lake into foil and in the coals.

P.S. Clean it first lol
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."