Wyoming...Can I zero my rifle?

Talk anything related to Antelope
MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Wyoming...Can I zero my rifle?

Post by MNbogboy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:04 pm

I signed up with this forum last May, this is only my second post... I enjoy reading and learning from you guys...
My youngest son and I are leaving for Wyoming next week on our first ever antelope hunt (DIY)...we plan on scouting a few days before the opener on Oct. 1 (A27 and A29)...
Will we be able to check the zeros on on rifles on public land before the season starts?...I find no mention of this in the regulations I recieved....in our state of MN we are not allowed to shoot three days before season unless we are at an established range....In WI you are not allowed to carry an uncased firearm in the 24 hr period before the opening of the gun deer season.....I have never had problems with losing zero in the past but it sure would be a bummer if it got wacked out on the trip.....
Thanks for your help.
Randy
WI Hunter Education Instructor since 1984.
Be safe and courteous and your luck will be great.

Wyosheds
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Wyosheds » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:44 pm

Yes, you may shoot your rifle before the opener. The only regulation that I know of is that you can not have a round chambered while in a vehicle at anytime, but you may have rounds in the magazine. This applies year round.

Good luck on your hunt.
Welcome to Wyoming! Now take a Wolf and leave.

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks Wyosheds...I am glad that there are a few states left that are not making laws against our constitutional rights....
Thanks again and good luck hunting
Randy

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:36 pm

MNbogboy, Welcome to MM. It's a different world out there. When you get to WY you can take the gun out of the case hang it in the rack in the rear window, load it up [empty chamber] Zero in all you want on public land or private if you have permission. And good luck with your hunt. Where bout in N MN you from? I'm from Park Rapids.

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:19 pm

Hello Waynedevore,
We are practically neighbors....85 miles or so...I am in Hibbing.....
I joined this sight back in May and have been reading it often trying to pick up advice for our upcoming trip...
Do you hunt in Wyoming every year?....My youngest son (25) and I are making our first trip antelope hunting and mule deer if we can find any......I am sure it will be a great time at any rate....Do you have any last minute pointers for us? We are going to camp on public land somewhere between Newcastle and Douglas area....We have B deer tags and 27 & 29 lope tags.....
Good luck on all your hunts this year

Randy
WI Hunter Education Instructor since 1984.
Be safe and courteous and your luck will be great.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:38 pm

MNbogboy, I've been hunting WY for a long time. Anyway, I think you will find some Mulies. Best advice I can give you is study the maps. You will do OK hunting public land. May have to hike a little, get off the roads. All game tends to get shy of traffic. Get a ridge or two or a coulee or two off the road and you will start seeing game. I'm hunting WY Muleys Oct 15 opener down in region "E". Best of luck to you guys. :thumb