Wyoming antelope hunt

Talk anything related to Antelope
TheGreatwhitehunter

Wyoming antelope hunt

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:36 pm

Just got back from Wyoming. Took a couple guys out on their first antelope hunt. It was a swap hunt I took them antelope hunting for a white tail and a bear hunt in their states. Had a lot fun and was able to help them experience something new.

Todd

Charles
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:18 am

Wow those are some nice goats. I especially like the bottom one. Very nice.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:15 am

Great looking Pronghorns. =D> Thanks TGWH for sharing the photos with us, any stories of the hunt?
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 am

Awesome job, both great looking goats!

Sounds like a great deal!

gstiegeljr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by gstiegeljr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 am

I hope I do that good next week in Wyoming.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:00 am

Very nice speed goats......Congratulations to both of you. :thumb
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:56 am

Nice antelope. Im sure they had a blast. Any story?
Stupidity is expensive

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:03 pm

We arrived in Casper early Friday Morning and met up with my friend who owns a ranch a ways North, bought tags for Mulie does and antelope does the my 2 hunters had tags already for antelope bucks so we chatted with my Rancher friend about the big boys he was seeing on the ranch and we headed out to the ranch.

The first day was windy and we looked over roughly 15 decent bucks before meeting up with a friend who is a local and also hunts my friends ranch. We decided to drive around and get to some areas where we could glass over some bucks that were away from ranch roads (off the beaten path) by about 3:00 pm we located 3 big bucks and decided to go after the first one we guessed to be about 15 inches with 6+ bases by the time we got int0 the area we last saw him there were a bunch of other antelope that had entered the area and my hunter Todd took what he thought was him NOT so though the big one just seemed to disappear before Todd get on him. Todds goat was 13 1/2 inches tall with 6 3/8 bases overall a respectable first buck antelope but not the big one we were after.

Antelope scattered at the shot and Todds buck immediately showed the signs of being hit hard from 200 hundred yards away. A few quick picks and a field dressing session we dragged him out to the truck and disccussed what to do next since Charles had a buck tag unfilled.

After disscussing it over with Paul who was also hunting with us we decided to take Charles to some remote LAND LOCKED BLM land on the eastern side of the ranch. Paul asked Charles we can get you a nice one but do you mind walking a mile 1 1/2 he said no I do not mind but I am not used to the elvation deifference from Oklahoma. With that settled away we went and headed over to the area where a known large buck had been hanging out by himeself no does. After a up and down hill hike to get the on the large buck Paul showed a large buck to Charles who took aim for what seemed forever as the goat just would not give him a shot and just then the large buck raised his head and stared at Charles. He squeezed the trigger on his 300 win mag and the buck hunched up. After the second round connected the buck was down for good Charles buck was 15 1/4 tall on one side and 15 even on the other 15 1/2 wide with 6 1/2 inch cutters he also had over 6 1/2 inch bases a really nice goat.

Paul later the next day took a real monster that will make B & C I do not have the pics yet as I did not have my camera with me at the time but I will post pics of his monster soon.
Last edited by TheGreatwhitehunter on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Great lookin' goats! CONGRATS to the two lucky hunters!

awholelottabull
Spike
Spike

Post by awholelottabull » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:31 pm

Nice speed goats guys. They sure do have some mass!