Do it yourselfer

Talk anything related to Antelope
crzybouthunting
Fawn
Fawn

Do it yourselfer

Post by crzybouthunting » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:56 am

To me nothing more rewarding than doing it yourself and being successful. I live in NM and antelope tags are tough to draw down here as most of you probly know. I am wanting to plan a trip next year to Wyoming looking into doing some research on where there is a good amount of public and with lots of goats. I have two kids daughter 12 and son 9 both have gotten there hunter safety this year so want to plan a goat hunt next year. What units in Wyoming bolster good numbers of antelope and plenty of land to hunt them? Appreciat the input. Need to keep the tradition of hunting alive with our kids. Lets Pass it on!

Thanks Crzybouthunting

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: Do it yourselfer

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 am

Most any of the units around Casper and on up to Gillet meet your requirements. Lots of BLM land and the Thunder Basin National Grassland. There are lots and lots of Antelope, and there are lots and lots of tags available. Most of those units don't sell out for doe/fawn tags, so you can actually buy a tag over the counter after all of the drawings are over.
http://gf.state.wy.us/QuotaAvailability ... eport.aspx

Good luck
Stupidity is expensive

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Area 9 around Lusk still has a bunch of reduced price doe/fawn tags left this year and something like 20,000 arcers of walkin plus some state land.

you need to buy your prefrence points on line before the end of this month.
I know my spellings bad!

crzybouthunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by crzybouthunting » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Is it tough to draw a tag in these units with no proference points? And if so how many years am I looking at on avg to draw a buck tag. And if you were in my shoes which specific unit would you apply in? I'm trying to narrow my search down and appreciate any info you are willing to offer.

Thanks Dale

Larry
2 point
2 point

Post by Larry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:27 pm

go to the drawing odd on the G&F web site. I haven't looked yet but I'll bet you'll draw next year in area 9.
I know my spellings bad!

crzybouthunting
Fawn
Fawn

Post by crzybouthunting » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks Larry today I did visit the website and lots of info on drawing odds and hunter success. I think I'm on my way. =D> I noticed info on CWD for Deer and Elk do antelope get CWD?