Re: 103" New World Record Antelope from Wyoming

Post by NONYA » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:24 am

lol

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 am

That buck was killed on the 7th day of my archery hunt this year (opening day for the auction hunters, middle point of my hunt), just about 2-3 miles from where I was bowhunting. Doc bought both auction antelope tags in Arizona this year (approx. $68,000 each), but he chose to only use one of them. His guides had appealed to G&F to change the season dates for the auction antelope tags to start before all of the archery seasons, but they didn't succeed in getting that changed. Therefore, if he purchased an extra tag and didn't use it this year, he can save it until next season now and get around the season restriction and hunt before the archery seasons (since the season for him is 365 days/year).

Last Sunday I was at the home of one of guides that helped on this buck. He told me that it grossed 97 and change, but he didn't say what it netted. Like Roy said, things could change a lot between the time an antelope is first officially scored, and then panel scored. With B&C that could take up to 3 years, and antelope are very prone to shrinking. B&C does give the benefit of a "shrink factor", however, and would let the buck keep its original score if it doesn't shrink more than a certain percentage, even if it was entered in excess of the current world record. P&Y is different in the case of pending world records, however, and they just throw your original score sheet away and you just get whatever it panel scores (up to two years later). I'm not sure when the next B&C panel is scheduled.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:36 pm

Just an update on this buck. It was recently officially measured for Boone & Crockett at 94 4/8, so not a world record, but very close!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:47 pm

well 94 or 103 that is a monster lope either way! would ahve been cool to see one break the triple digit mark tho! hey stickflicker what do you guys feed those lopes down there!!!...man they get big!

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 pm

i agree 94 ---HUGE!! but the difference between 103 and 94-----also HUGE

chet
Monster
Monster

Post by chet » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 pm

but the difference between 103 and 94-----also HUGE
agreed!
for a Pronghorn to score over 100" it would have to be......... well, it would have to be related to the spider bull!!!!!!! :-k

Hunt'nRN
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Hunt'nRN » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Wow!!! that is incredible

Leo
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Leo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 am

Stickflicker, I know it was a giuded hunt, but since you hunted near buy, was it a public or private land hunt?

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Thats a HUGE speed-goat!!!!!
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Leo,

I believe it was taken on public land, or at least land that is accessible to the public. In Arizona you can hunt on private property UNLESS it is posted every certain number of feet all the way around the perimeter. The burden is on the landowner to post it if he doesn't want hunters, not like New Mexico where the burden is on the hunter to know whether or not he is on private or public land.