Antelope

Talk anything related to Antelope
Bear2
Fawn
Fawn

Antelope

Post by Bear2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Antelope bullets? Is the 95 Gr Nosler Ballistic a great bullet for antelope out of a 243 Win, or would the 100 Gr partition be better?
Please advise.

killerbee

Re: Antelope

Post by killerbee » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 pm

i think you'll be ok with either, but out of the 2 i's say the 100's

but if you want to know what i think is best? for antelope, how bout some SWIFT scirrocos?

no better bullet than a swift, barnes is an awfull close second.

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 am

Both would probably be ok but I gotta ask, are you a shoulder shooter, or a rib shooter? If you like to punch them in the shoulder, I'd go with the 100. If you shoot behind the shoulder, then either is good. While hunting weight ballistic tips are tougher than most folks give credit for, an antelope shoulder muscle is fairly dense and hitting a bone is always tough on a bullet.
Stupidity is expensive

utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

Post by utahpredator_7 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I've had bad luck with the ballistic tips... real bad. I'd shoot barnes. They upen up as quick as anything and penetrate etc. like nothing else. Look at Federal's test, barnes even outdid the trophy bonded going through bone.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am

I would go with the partitions or switch to another polymer tip bullet. We have also had bad luck with the ballistic tips. There are now lots of other good polymer tipped bullets. The ballistic tips just fragment and do not penetrate well.