My Wifes First!

Talk anything related to Antelope
SomeGuy01
Spike
Spike

My Wifes First!

Post by SomeGuy01 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:51 pm

My wife was able to take this Antelope on the first afternoon of the hunt. She made two good shots with one miss inbetween, before having her first big game animal ever on the ground. Im very proud of her, and had a blast helping her get her first animal. She was very excited, and I think she may have the huntin bug now :)

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: My Wifes First!

Post by AGCHAWK » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 am

CONGRATS TO THE WIFE!! That is one heck of a buck!

What state did she harvest that fine animal in?

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:54 am

Nice lope, congrats to both of you. :thumb

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 am

Very nice antelope! More details! Rifle, cartridge, range, location (I prefer UTM format for my GPS lol )
Stupidity is expensive

SomeGuy01
Spike
Spike

Post by SomeGuy01 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks guys, this hunt was in Utah on the Parker Platue Unit. She was using my Savage Predator .223, with 63 grain bullets. Her first shot was about 250 yards, and she hit him in the
leg #-o . He took off and stopped again broadside at about 400 yards, she torched another off but hit just below him. He was losing a lot of blood at this point, and was really starting to slow down. We were able to get just over 100 yards from him and she made one more shot that dropped him in his tracks. I have never personally seen an animal drop like that, so I was very impressed with the shot. He was in a heard of about 30 goats, with 5 bucks total in the heard. This was the biggest buck in the heard, and she let him have it.

Here is another picture of our 3 year old back at camp. He was also very excited for his mom.
Attachments
conandgoat.jpg
conandgoat.jpg (71.01 KiB) Viewed 7493 times

southendguy
Spike
Spike

Post by southendguy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Congratulations! What a great 1st trophy. Hopefully, in a few years, the little guy will get one as well. =D> =D> =D>

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Great first kill!!! Congrats to you and your wife. Way to get the family out and enjoy the wild! :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 pm

You know what's cool, I think I drove by while you were taking this photo! What a great year up on the plateau. We got two nice bucks up there, one on Sat and one on Sun. Congrats, I remember when my wife killed her first antelope in California, lots of fun.
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

SomeGuy01
Spike
Spike

Post by SomeGuy01 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Springville, are you talking about the field photo, or the picture of our son back at camp?
Either way thats pretty cool. Post some pics of the bucks you guys were able to get. My buddys mom also killed a real nice one opening morning. We had a great time out there!

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I drove by while you had your wife and the antelope up on the hill to to the north of the Rd. I'm positive that it was you guys. It sure didn't seem like too many people were killing bucks up there, and by the time we left on Mon, we didn't see any hunters the whole way out. We were camped west of pollywog lake. I posted a picture of my goat, and I will get some more on after resizing. Were you in the pollywog lake area?
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen