First antelope for my wife

Talk anything related to Antelope
Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

First antelope for my wife

Post by Snake River Marksman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Lynne grew up in a hunting family but it was always a "guy" thing. She hasn't ever gone hunting with me because she always considered that "my" time. It was also "her" time to be able to sit at the house and watch TV or whatever else it is that hunting widows do.
This year she finally accepted my offer to go hunting for antelope. She kept telling me she was going to shoot hers close to the truck and she did. We had put on a failed stalk on a small band of antelope previously, then drove down the road a ways and found two bucks 300+ yds from the road. We stopped got out, she got set, the bucks came towards us and stopped at 110yds and she dropped the little one right where it stood. The big one was not perfectly broadside so she passed on it in favor of the better shot. She's a true sportsperson.
Note the chic cammies:rolleyes:
The rifle is a Ruger 77 in 250 savage Swift 3x9 scope 100gr Hornady interlock over 36.5gr H4350 Winchester brass and primers.

Anybody want to guess what's for dinner?

I forgot the funny part of the story:
Back in the spring when I was working up loads for the 250, Lynne came in and was handling a cartridge case. I asked if that was the round she was going to use to shoot her antelope. She said yes and started to hug the case to her cheek and kiss it. I took that case and wrote "Lynne's round" on it with a sharpie. She used that round to shoot this antelope.
Stupidity is expensive

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: First antelope for my wife

Post by Springville Shooter » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Congrats to you and your wife.

This year we have been able to enjoy lots of wife/ antelope stories and it takes me back to when my wife shot her antelope. That's a real pretty buck, what state were you in? I also love the choice in rifle as I am a 25 head. I bet the new 100gr swift sciroccos that I shot this year would work great in your 250 as well.----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: First antelope for my wife

Post by Snake River Marksman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Wyoming. Area 88(Daniel, Big Piney area)

Gotta love a quarter bore!

I was shooting 100gr ballistic tips but these shoot just as well and are much cheaper.
Stupidity is expensive