Remington model 7 Q

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
mossbak
2 point
2 point

Remington model 7 Q

Post by mossbak » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 pm

I was looking for a 7mm SAUM and found one online a Remington model 7 SS, I was told they were basically the same as a 700, well buying it online then getting the gun in hand they're not!...

looking at the action and the stock tie down bolts the rear bolt looks week and thin, it cause's me concern, soooo I was hoping to find some one on here that has experience with the mdl 7 is it as durable as a 700 short action, can I trust it, so far the only thing that i like is the weight....?????????

thankx Mossbak
"A Friend Will Stick Closer Then a Brother"

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: Remington model 7 Q

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:19 pm

From what I know the model 7 is an older action designed to be a little lighter and more compact than the standard model 700. I believe that it is a modernized version of the old model 600 which is a very sought-after gun both as a complete rifle and a component action. I have never had one, but I know that many of the guys I shoot with have used them as the platform for many different calibers of target and hunting rifles. My good friend has a custom rifle built on a model 7 action in 7-08 and he loves it. Another friend has a 257 ackley on a model 600 action with a model 7 bolt handle and it has been in service since I was a boy with no problems. I know that if there was anything wrong with these actions that I would have heard about it in the many shooting groups I associate with. I wouldn't worry about it one bit, that is unless the recoil is too much with such a light rifle and such a powerhouse cartridge.-----shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:50 pm

i appreciate the input......Thanx
"A Friend Will Stick Closer Then a Brother"

quebechunter
Spike
Spike

Post by quebechunter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:02 pm

don't know about it's long term toughness but my wife as 1 in 260 rem.
and it's a great shooter. average 3/4" with 140 corelokt factory ammo.