Killin Jugs

Talk anything related to Shooting, Reloading, etc.
Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Killin Jugs

Post by Springville Shooter » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:26 pm

We haven't even got the tags in the mail yet and all my daughter wants to do is shoot shoot shoot. Milk jugs within 200 yds of her are in big trouble and she's improving her offhand shooting every time we go out. Her rifle is a Remington 788 .308 with the barrell shortened to 18" and a gentry brake. The stock is also shortened for her with a kickeez pad. She shoots 125 Nosler ballistic tips loaded light. She's been shooting this rig for about 2 years, but this year we hope to get her shooting at a Utah mulie! Fun stuff!---------shooter
Attachments
DSCN1497.JPG
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

WinMag
3 point
3 point

Re: Killin Jugs

Post by WinMag » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

Fun stuff indeed. :thumb Sweet little youth rifle you have there. Enjoy every minute of it. My daughter was very excited to go hunting with me. She would tag along and shortly after she took her hunter safety course and could hunt for real she went through some kind of demonic hormonal transformation. She thought that maybe she was a vegetarian and could never kill an animal. :>/ Her gun sits in the case and hasn't been shot since. I doubt if this will happen to you, but I never saw it coming to me. Treasure every moment with your daughter that you can. They can grow up in a blink of the eye.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 am

Funny you should mention that Win....My daughter came home from school one day with her head filled with a bunch of anti-hunting propaganda placed there by one of her teachers. We quickly had a Ted Nugent style intervention and so far it's lasted. Seems like poor sports kids never get a rest in todays society.--------shooter
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 am

I've had the opportunity to mentor kids. Mine and others. It's the best time you'll have. :thumb
Nice rig too. God bless.
Mark

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Springville,

I would sure love to see a pic posted of your duaghter with her first buck come this fall. May it happen to you. As for the anti hunting sentiment, my daughter drew a birthday card for my brother that hunt's coyotes. She had a coyote in a chair reading a newpaper. Another coyote walks in looks at the mount on the wall and says nice human, where'd you take him? the human head mount was her best attempt to draw my brothers head. It was good for a laugh, but concerning at the same time. She has a hard time drawing the distinction between domestic dogs, which she loves, and the vermin that coyotes are. Oh well my boys are on the right path. Three years to go til my oldest son will be in the draws for tags.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."