elk hunting close to hill afb?

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
steve8410
Spike
Spike

elk hunting close to hill afb?

Post by steve8410 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

i normally archery hunt the manti area and will be again this year for cow/spike but i will not make it down there until august 26th.....however i am off work the 20th through 26th but need to be able to make it home in the evening so im trying to decide where to try some "day trips" for some of those six days. I was thinking of a place in millcreek i believe holds a few elk year round, or else logan canyon maybe franklin basin or something.

anyone have any recommendations for a general area to try for a few days near hill afb?

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Re: elk hunting close to hill afb?

Post by derekp1999 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm

You'd be wise to look around Hardware Ranch in the Cache South unit (Blacksmith Fork Canyon). Rumor has it that most of the elk that winter at the Ranch stay within several miles year round. If you want a quick hour drive that's the place... however, you won't be the only one! Another area further up Logan Canyon that might be worth a couple days would be the Sinks (North, Middle, South, Peter, etc.).
In the Cache North unit you could start at Tony Grove and work your way out from there, but again... you won't be the only one.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Re: elk hunting close to hill afb?

Post by steve8410 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

yeah i think im going to check out cache south....i really wanted to check cache north but i think i have better odds in the south...i guess ill find out soon enough!